1,320 results
All reviews marriott points minute walk marriott brand porta al prato tram stop nice hotel business hotel modern design the main train station breakfast buffet front desk staff historic center hotel is located santa maria novella pastries ponte vecchio taxi
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Trust me. Save your money and get a hotel on the right side of the tracks. You would think a Marriott for $250 euro per night would be decent... but it is not.

1. The area of town is very sketchy. You overlook the ghetto of Florence. At night it seems to be very off

2. The front desk people are completely rude and not helpful. They look at you like you are bothering them. I have stayed at many hotels in Europe and around the world. So this is not an American stuck up way of looking at hotels. Every time you ask for something, ie the key got de magnetized or calling a taxi or please charge me for breakfast as an honest patron they are completely rude and not welcoming.

3. The bartender with the beard and glasses is absolutely rude. He is lucky I was nice enough to give a tip for some drinks. The other bartender with the man bun was nicer and more welcoming.

4. The AC was humid and not cold. We turned it on the coldest setting and still didn’t cool down

Trust me go somewhere else. This is not the standards of a Marriott and expect better.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
acfirenze, General Manager at AC Hotel Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear guest,
We are very sorry to hear that the stay at our property was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.
As you know, Marriott has very different brands in its more than 6.000 hotels, of course the facilities you can find in a JW, Westin or Renaissance Hotel are very different from what can be found in an AC, Courtyard or Moxi Hotel.
However, we do not agree with your comments, and as an example I will only answer your comment that we are located in a ghetto, because only 200 meters from the Hotel is located the Nuovo Teatro dell'Opera di Firenze, a recognized building for its modern and original architecture.
We remain at your disposal for any further information you may require, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Regards

Reviewed 8 September 2018

If you think the hotel provides a fitness center, you are wrong!!!

The treadmill is broken, there is no elliptical and there are only two static bicycles........ Very small facility.
When I call asking when they were going tom fix the treadmill, they told me to call again, when the manager is available. So disappointing :(

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
acfirenze, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear Mrs Savino,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced. However the treadmill is perfectly working since four days. We have a fitness center on property which is not a gym. It also includes: treadmill, 2 bicycles, 1 bench for abs and some different weights.
Hoping that in these last days of his stay you have time to use our treadmill, We send you our best regards

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel offers an amazing view of Florence from the suites on the 5th floor. The staff was pleasant and very attentive to our needs. This location made it relatively easy to get into the main part of the city.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ace32400
Reviewed 27 August 2018

stayed 3 nights in king room with rollaway. excellent Air conditioning, clean, modern hotel with parking (18E/night), breakfast is good. I did hear a little bit from neighboring room but only when they talk loud or sneeze. Generally a decent modern hotel with parking. about 30 min walk to duomo.

would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank s l
Reviewed 26 August 2018

When I got to the hotel, I was very impressed with the service and the hotel facilities. The room rate was very economical, yet it was so close to the center of Florence, Italy. The hotel rooms were very modern with modern contemporary bathrooms that remind me of a JW Marriott.

The front desk was very helpful in guiding us on how to get around Florence, how to get to Pisa to see the Leaning Tower, and usage of the TrenItalia Rail system.

I HIGHLY recommend the AC Hotel Firenze. I could have paid hundreds of dollars more to stay just 2-4 blocks closer to the city center, or I could save a lot of money and get great experience at the AC Hotel Firenze. I chose this hotel and I would easily stay here again if I return to Florence.

Room Tip: The 5th floor has exclusively two suites. Both suites have access to the rooftop for a great view of Florence, Italy.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends