“charmed home stay”
Review of Aramis Rooms

Aramis Rooms
Ranked #197 of 663 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We choose this guest house two years ago when we visited Florence based on Trip Advispr review. The place is located very close to the train station - a walking distance . The waiting area to the guest house was so elegantly decorated - like the living room of of an European home. The room we had was lovely - it was neat and clean with a large bathroom. Hostess Christina and
Charity made us feel loved, at ease and at home. Christina
guided us to the places worth viewing in Florence and which
come without a fee ( most public monuments in Italy require
an admission fee- quite a hefty sum when you convert to our
Rupee, which honestly is not a good idea to convert and feel
guilty .) Upon my request, Christina, arranged for a cake for
my husband Joy’s birthday (4th of August) and discreetly left it gift
wrapped in our rooms with a sweet birthday note and two
picture books on Tuscany as a gift from her. We were
delighted to find it once we returned to our room in the
evening. So, thanks to our sensitive and kind hosts, we
managed to cut a cake on Joy’s 2015 birthday too! Since breakfast was included in our room deal, we were served breakfast every morning in a large tray - wholesome mea. The guest house is located in the heart of the city and is a walk away from the cathedral . We had a lovely relaxed stay in Aramis . Thank you Christina and Charity for memorable moments !!

Room Tip: Choose room with breakfast
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 July 2017

The main entrance smells of urine, when I got inside, the elevator for baggage didn't work, so I had to take my luggage up a few flights. Inside, the area often smelled of cigarette smoke. The staff cleaned my room on a day I asked them not to -- and some of my medications went missing.

By far the worst thing -- the "double bed" that I was given was actually two VERY UNCOMFORTABLE single beds bound together -- at night I would begin to slide in between them. It was sad. The AC does not work very well and the nights were quite uncomfortable. WiFi was intermittent.

Location on Via Nationale is great. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

No luxury but nice!
We had a big room as we asked for dual single beds.
The rooms are equipped with air conditionner, small tv, kettle, wardrobe, small desk..
The building has a lift for your cases & they clean the rooms daily.
The toilet was private, outside the room , but still very close, next door basicaly, not a problem.
It is a big apoartment with some rooms inside.
All in one a good place to save some euros.
I would definetelly go back , specially because the staff is very welcoming & friendly, besides location is great!
Walking distance to major attractions in Firenze.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2016

I will start with the good things. The location is good. Near the station and easy to take a bus to and from Pisa airport. Clean and spacious room. Clean bathroom. Coffee and tea complimentary, but that's it.
When I booked and it said there is an external bathroom I didn't suspect we need to go through the whole corridor to reach OUR bathroom. Very uncomfortable!!!
The hotel was one floor up. So, if you have problem with walking stairs as I have it will be difficult.
The rooms are very, very noisy all day and almost all night so you can't keep your windows open, even if you are suffocating of heat. Florence could be a very warm city even in May. When asked to use some AC we were politely told that is too early for AC to be on. Too expensive. The temperature were 30 degrees and around.
We were six days, and the internet was working only three of those days. The reception is working only from 9am - 1pm, and if you are busy sightseeing(the very reason you are there) you can't talk to anyone until you match your schedule with their working time.
Only the girls who looked after the hygiene of the room and the bathroom were doing their job properly. Nobody else I am afraid.
The experience was ok, nothing you can do about it once you are there, but I wouldn't be happy to recommend the rooms or go back there I am afraid.

Room Tip: Rooms on the terrace side are much quieter and room with en-suite bathroom.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2016

You enter on the ground level into a common stairwell. This area has a strong sewage odor. Then you walk up two long flights of stairs. There is a small elevator that is used just for luggage. You then enter the common area. Sometimes it smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. Our room, however, did not. The decorations are modest. I believe most rooms have a shared bathroom, but ours was en suite. It is small and there is no surface area anywhere in the bathroom, including in the shower, which means shampoo and soap have to be held or set on the floor.

While they advertise free wifi, it did not work for the three days of our stay. They admitted that it is difficult to keep it working.

The hostess (other than on Sunday) was very helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: Try someplace else.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family