“Nothing special”

Ranked #265 of 650 Restaurants in Lucca
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Neither good nor bad. One good meal - pork, grilled vegetables, one mediocre - steak with creamy sauce . A bit expensive compared to other local restaurants. Fortunately the place was busy so there was some atmosphere but it has slightly old fashioned decor and service.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

The. Pasta and fish was great!
They however did not offer the pizza menu when I arrived at 9:30 one evening knowing It was late.
I stopped because they had a sign pizza!

I ordered the house flat white wine and a carafe of sparkling arrived !
Some was linguistic but most was bait and switch.

None the less a good dinner!

Reviewed 11 February 2017

Usually stop on way back to Lucca from airport. Good place for lunch - mainly had fish dishes and all good. House wine is more than adequate, price mid range, good value for money. In summer have eaten outside.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

Taken by friends who live locally, and really enjoyed the Pizza. Nothing exceptional, but really tasty. House wine enjoyable too

Reviewed 23 July 2016

We called in here first time as it was getting on for lunch time before we went back to our hotel. The man who ran it could talk to us about things that were/ or were not gluten free. As my wife has to eat a gf diet. At first we were the only people in as it was getting on for 12, and the staff were eating prior to opening at 12.30. We were given the menu to peruse, and told what things my wife would be able to have. Had a lovely meal. Went back a few days later and the man wasn't there but a friendly lady assisted my wife, couldn't have the peppercorn steak as the sauce had flour in but the best thing she could have in the meat range was grilled steak. She chose ribeye steak, and it was cooked to perfection, with some potatoes and salad. I had the peppercorn fillet steak with chips and salad. As the place filled up with locals it gave the impression a nice friendly place where the staff were happy to help you when choosing meal.