“A perfect evening ”

Ranked #16 of 650 Restaurants in Lucca
Price range: US$9 - US$51
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here while visiting. The wine, service and food were all top notch. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. The free aperitif, and tiny starter were as delicious as they were welcome. We had the steak tar tar and Parisi egg for starters, and a porcini mushroom with spaghetti and the prawn risotto for our dinner. My wife had the mousse for dessert and I had the vegetable cake. Yes, I said vegetable cake. I'd recommend all of it.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

We had a delightful meal at Al Corso. The wine list has a wonderful selection at every price point .Service was excellent. Had pork and veal mains excellent.

1  Thank redmanfloridapvb
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Nice and cozy location. Friendly service. Regular food . Something to improve about cooking timing cause my fish was overcooked.

1  Thank BUGI_70
Reviewed 30 November 2017

This seems a very popular restaurant with the locals & in view of the ambience it doesn't surprise me. A lovely interior.

The waiter was very friendly & did explain some of the menu to us in good English.

We were offered a free aperitif ("alcoholic or non alcoholic") though it turned out to be campari based, which is too bitter for me. It was served in a jam jar, no less.

There was an interesting bread basket with 4 home made breads & black bread sticks.

The starters we chose were excellent. I had a seafood dish with scallop, prawn & tuna prepared four ways, my husband tried the raw seafood 3 ways.

For main, I had mixed fried seafood. It was a huge portion & perfectly done with a light batter - in hindsight, this would have made a good lunchtime dish for two. My husband's main was the pork with potatoes. The crackling wasn't crisp & there were no other vegetables so a bit of a mark down there.

We didn't have room for dessert.

With a bottle of wine at €22, the bill came to €89.

We would definitely go back there. The buzzy atmosphere was great & we liked the decor. Once you get to know the menu & portion sizes you can choose exactly the right dishes.

1  Thank capdellatraveller
Reviewed 20 November 2017

This is a perfect place to have a perfect dinner and do everything they can to make sure it is one you will enjoy and talk about. It deserves all of the excellent reviews it has received.