“Good food! ”

Ristorante San Martino 26
Reserve with
Ristorante San Martino 26 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 130 Restaurants in San Gimignano
Price range: US$35 - US$53
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I'll start with the food which was actually really yummy. You got a free glass of prosecco and a little chefs starter and then We shared the risotto entree which was mushroom and truffles and was very tasty. We both had fillet steak for main which was cooked nicely and the sides that came with it were yummy. Then for dessert, they were out of gelato so I chose the lime and white chocolate semi fredo which was very limey! My boyfriend had the tiramisu which was VERY disappointing. In fact our theory was maybe they had also run out of that so put some whipped cream on top of a still crunchy biscuit with no flavouring of tiramisu to be seen anywhere!! Overall the food was very good though as was the wine. Service is next.. we went for a birthday dinner on a 7.30pm reservation so it was nice and quiet to start in the back section where we sat. The service was very attentive and our waitress helpful with our wine selection. Then it started to get busier as the night went on and we felt like we were forgotten a lot of the time. We had to ask for olive oil etc to dress our salad, we asked for the dessert menu which was forgotten and brought out half an hour later. Our water bottles were out and not offered to be refilled. Plates sat on the table a while. Normally these things wouldn't be an issue but this restaurant is rated as 'fine dining' so I would expect those simple things to be done well. They were very lovely and apologetic and we could see they were busy, just something they can probably work on! Overall I recommend this place. The food was a step up but not too pretentious. Lots of flavour. Maybe just go early to eat

1  Thank Lauren M

Reviewed 22 August 2017

It was a pleasure to revisit this restaurant in San Gimignano and once again I was not disappointed. The set meal I chose was excellent in taste and quality.
I would highly recommend a visit to this restaurant. The chef does an outstanding job.

1  Thank twinkle07
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Loved this place last year and went again as soon as we arrived back in San Gimignano. The quality of the food was a excellent and the presentation was beautiful. I booked on line and I got the impression that our reservation might not have been made by the system. The staff of course were great and assured us that everything was fine. The service was slow and I thought that it might have been something to do with the booking and the staff were being very polite. For the rest of the week I asked our hotel receptionist to book our restaurants although I cannot be sure if I am correct in this assertion. This was the only fault I could find with the meal. Would recommend the quail.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We were the first guests - a 730 reservation. But the place filled up nicely.

The service is impeccable. From the host to the wait staff - extremely polite, well spoken in English and very attentive.

We ordered the tasting menus. It was interesting - but a bit of a mixed bag.

The antipasti was deep-fried fish balls. Tasty.

My favourite was the pasta - simple garlic spaghetti with lobster. Very nice.

The main was a fish tartar. Refreshing and tasty. But it left me wanting more. Generally, portion sizes were very small and I left quite hungry.

The desert - dark chocolate / black tea - was very tasty.

Overall, a good experience. Next time, I'd order off the menu and not the tasting menu.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Amazing place filled with artistry at every turn. A modern gourmet twist to classic Tuscan food with impeccable service. A cut above the other restaurants of San Gimignano.

1  Thank James M