All reviews minute walk train station yogurt piazza del campo bed was very comfortable breakfast is served stayed nights air conditioning each morning tuscany garden hairdryer escalator
Reviewed 21 November 2011

owner seemed annoyed, almost angry we were there. parking was difficult to find even with the map and directions from the owner. room was nice and clean, garden, what garden, breakfast fair.

Room tip: better feel comfortable driving shoulder to shoulder with Italian drivers in order to park your car...wild ride
Date of stay: November 2011
1  Thank duckmt
copertaricamata, Proprietario at B&B La Coperta Ricamata, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2011

I am very very sorry to have transmitted this feeling to my guests! I always try to be very welcoming and friendly and meet all the needs of my guests: it's my job. Unfortunately, we too are human and we go through moments of life that is hard to hide one we are living daily.

Reviewed 28 October 2011

My husband and I were looking for peace, quiet and quaint as we arrived in Siena from a short stay in Rome. We were on the second leg of our honeymoon - being on a budget, we have been taking chances on B&Bs throughout Europe.

We are currently at a Sheraton in London and I can tell you that I am 100% yearning for our gorgeous room at la coperta!! The pictures do this gorgeous gem little justice, then location is ideal for being inside the old walls yet tucked away from any noise, and the hostess is warm, sweet and always right there when you need her.

Luciana is wonderful and speaks enough English so that even if the only Italian word you know is "pizza", you both will get along just fine. The rooms are not only clean, beautiful and cheerful, they are modern, well up to date and made me want to redecorate in a Tuscan style.

Breakfast is roughly from 715-9ish. Luciana sets up an adorable spread of cereal, juice, yogurt, coffee and pastries steps outside your door, then leaves so that you can gather breakfast at our leisure and eat at the table in your room. She claimed to clean "only a little", but when we returned to our room after a day of sightseeing, she had cleared out our breakfast and organized our bathroom (my hairdryer and brush were sitting quaintly on a new bathmat towel, our toothbrushes had been placed in the brand new chrome and glass water cup attachment in the wall and she had made the bathroom look westin hotel standard clean) and she had expertly made our beds, hospital corners and all!! These rooms even have little tvs, gorgeous wooden window coverings and doors, and ours had a balcony!

You cannot find better in Siena. My husband and I considered staying for another night or two. Don't forget to head to Sale e Pepe just up the road for the best pasta in Siena, hands down. Do yourself a favor - go pay a couple days visit to Luciana.

Room tip: La serenade is the balcony room!
Reviewed 24 October 2011

This B&B is located near a bus stop which made it convenient for us without a car. Luciana was welcoming but at times difficult for her to understand and comprehend our English. She spoke very poor English and we spoke no Italian; nevertheless all of our needs were net. We had a large room with a small balcony. We were advised not to use the balcony in the evening due to the mosquitos. The bathroom was modern with toiletries provided for us. We had a small television that we did not watch since the channels were all in Italian. There were some book sin our room that we read at night. We took one and left one for the next person.

Our room was located on the second floor and it seemed like a long staircase made of marble. Outside of our room is where she left the breakfast food at 7:30. Coffee, tea, cereal, pastries were all available for us to take back into our room. There was no common room for us to meet other travels and share stories. They were doing construction work next door but we never heard any noise.

We were a 10 minute walk to the central bus station where we took a bus to San Gimagiano. I would not recommend buying a Siena bus pass as we had at the train station. Everything is walkable. Luciana did give us a map but it was very small and difficult for us to read. We did get lost and showed the map to a number of locals and they couldn't figure it out even though we thought we were on a main type street. Restaurants were close by though we did not eat where she recommend us to - a place where locals ate. We thought it was out of our price range. We were pleased with the accommodations.

Reviewed 21 October 2011

This review is long overdue - My girlfriend and I traveled to Siena with my parents at the end of last May and stayed with Luciana on our first two nights in Italy. The location is very charming, with a nice courtyard entry. We stayed in a wonderful room with a balcony overlooking the streets of Siena, while my parents had a corner room right next to ours.

Luciana was VERY helpful and a fantastic host. She spoke enough English and we "tried" to speak enough Italian, which was plenty to get by during our two day stay. If you are debating on whether or not to stay a hotel or B&B during your time in Italy - I would unequivocally suggest staying in a B&B if you don't plan on spending a lot of time in your room.

Thank you so much for making our stay a memorable one, Luciana!

Date of stay: May 2011
Reviewed 19 October 2011

My wife and I stayed at La Coperta for 4 nights from Oct 1 - 5. The location was ideal as it's only 10 minute walk to the Siena center. The property itself was great. We had the room with no view; however, the room itself was huge, clean and beautifully decorated. All the stuff in the room was top notch.

Luciana is a great host; answered our questions and helped us in every way possible. We used Siena as a base to explore Florence, and other Tuscan towns such as San Quirico d'Orcia, Pienza, Montepulciano, and san gimignano.

We'll highly recommend this property and will definitely return.

Room tip: Our room was the room with no view, but it was the most quite one.