All reviews the main square beautiful place to visit spoke some english perfect location charming hotel adds to the charm small alley pastries restaurants and shops room was spacious balcony overlooking i highly recommend this hotel shower head old world no air conditioning each morning exploring assisi
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

I reserved a room at this hotel based upon other TripAdvisor reviews. The hotel is situated in the center of Assisi, so it is convenient to walk to everything in town.

My room was lovely and quite comfortable. I was given room 20, which has a terrace and a nice little view of the town. My bed was comfortable and I slept like a baby.

The staff were all as friendly as can be. The owners were super sweet, as well.

My main concern was the lack of air conditioning in the room. The room does have a remote control A/C unit, but there was no remote control in the room. I went to the reception desk and spoke with Marco about it. Marco went into the back of the reception area, then came out and told me he turned it on. He told me it gets too cold at night there, so they haven't needed the A/C. I am familiar with the type of A/C unit used in my room and I can tell you it cannot be operated from another area. The second issue is I tend to feel warm most of the time; when other people are cool, I am breaking a sweat. So, I needed the A/C. I ended up sleeping with the terrace doors open at night, but there wasn't any way to cool off the room during the day. It was simply too warm outside.

The second concern is the breakfast. It is not good. The first issue is that the coffee is terrible. They have a machine that makes several different variations of coffee. The first time I tried to use it, my coffee came out thick and dark and very bitter. The second time I tried to use it, I had the same result. Each morning, there is a tired looking plate of prosciutto set out next to some rolls and cheese slices. The prosciutto looks dried out on the ends, as if it has been sitting there for awhile. It would be nice if there was some variety with the meats, maybe an addition of ham, salami and/or mortadella, as is served at other hotels. The scrambled eggs looked watery and they were accompanied by hot dogs (!). In other words, most everything looked unappetizing. The best bet at breakfast was the lemon tart and orange juice. The lady that works in the dining area is very nice, however.

The hotel really is nice and so are the people that work there. If they could just work on the air conditioning and the breakfast, they would be perfect.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Very clean hotel that appears to have been recently modernized and renovated. Bed was a bit soft for my back but otherwise no other complaints. The room was spacious and very clean - very nice sized bathrooms. The breakfast was adequate - sweet breads and fruits. I did not care for the eggs and 'hotdogs' that were part of the buffet. Also, they should look at providing better coffee - it was quite awful! But, the location and views were amazing. The hotel is located just off the main square in Assisi. The views from our room were fantastic. I highly recommend this hotel!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

This hotel is right off the main square, but quiet and secluded. It is family owned/operated and they are friendly and helpful. It can be a bit difficult to find if you don't know where you are going due to the fact it's a few steps down a side street, but that just adds to the charm. Clean rooms.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Can't get a better location, right on the piazza in the middle of Assisi. Large room - step up to the bathroom with a small door frame (careful if you're tall, I bumped my head in the middle of the night). Awkward shower/tub arrangement with your face in the shower curtain if you leave the shower head in the cradle. Overall, the room and property overall are starting to look tired. But view out window over the valley and nice patio where we had a drink overlooking the valley at sunset (see pic). Helpful staff. Good standard breakfast.

2  Thank UCLASteve
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel has been run by the same family for 3 generations - just the right spirit for a trip to Assisi. Perfect location, comfortable rooms, lovely ample breakfast and beautiful views to the countryside. The best part if the genuine warmth and grace of the family and staff. Will happily come again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple