All reviews tram stop the river market square public transportation breakfast buffet is the hotel staff railway station germany centre fridge
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Hotel in a quite district just in front of Kaserne. Trams number 8 and 14 to the centre stop few meters away. The Market square is 10-15 minutes on footh.
The hotel's rooms are not large (some are very small and not very confortable).
No fridge in the room, but there is a small fridge in each floor where guest are allowed to keep their staff hoping nobody would take advantage of them. In the room there is TV and free wifi which work very well. Bathroom with shower. Breakfast is not so rich (plain brioches, bread, yogurt, jam, cereals, salty food, juice), but good.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

The very capable staff here speak fantastic English and are 24/7 there for you.
Its a simple Bed and Breakfast that has one of the best real Bircher Müesli I ever tasted.
The Hotel is right at Tram 8 Stop that builds the link from Main Railway Station all the way to Weil am Rhein in Germany.
It’s quiet location is perfect and very convenient for cheaper shopping then the Highstreet on the other side of the River.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

The reception service was unable to speak English ( was not approachable for us )
But price was low as compared to other hotels but they charged us for mobility ticket
I visited with my husband and we enjoyed as room service was on time

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

The staff was kind, however the hotel was very nosy and I could not sleep at all ... people shouting all night and hitting at the doors ... very bad night. Moreover, on my second day after a long day I arrived and my room was open! The turned given but not fitted in the latch ... luckily nothing was missing, I did not have value things ... but if I had I would be very angry!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Located in the very centre of Basel near to Claraplatz - a hub for public transportation. The Basilisk Hotel can be described as simple, cosy and confortable. Rooms are "relatively" small but there is enough space if you are not on business and they are quiet. Room and bathroom are very clean. Breakfast buffet is good , the müesli I had was excellent. Staff is friendly and price is reasonnable, so it is a good deal.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo