“Nice stop in Basel”

Hotel Restaurant Resslirytti
Ranked #26 of 52 Hotels in Basel
Reviewed 29 August 2017

I had a very nice stay after a tiring car ride.
The staff was very friendl. I even got an upgrade. The food in the restaurant of the hotel was excellent.
Clean bathroom, good sleeping quality.
With airco in the room would have been topdestination

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Annoyed with the lack of flexibility that the hotel showed when I tried to cancel my booking. I understand the room was not refundable, but other hotels have cancelled without charge athough they have been none refundable when I've requested without any issues at all. Plus I tried to cancel minutes after I booked so it's not as if I had left the cancellation to the last minute. Althought they offered to change the date of the room and charge me a higher price which I had to accept or else lose all my money paid for the room. Kind of backed into a corner. Given it is peak period I felt they could have made an exception. This completely dampened my experience from the very start. Then stood at reception for 10-15 mins when I turned up as no one was there. Room had not even been cleaned when I was taken up. It was still in the state that the last person left it. Generally a very disappointing experience - not worth what I paid. Not impressed.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lionel S, Inhaber at Hotel Restaurant Resslirytti, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Ms Hirani,
Thank you for your comment - all comments are good to take as long that they are constructive and true. Obviously the fact that you could not cancel free of charge your room bothered you and maybe affected also your jugement.
I'm replying because I do not like incorrect things and you will be able to see just under the conversation and the dates to prouve it. In first place you asked to change the date and not to cancel - what we accepted so we were flexible and we just adapted the price to the new date - pretty fair for my point of view.
2 Days Later you asked to cancel and yes we did not accept a free of charge cancelation because we think that regarding all the guest how are paying more to keep some flexibility it is not correct. Otherwise everybody can book the low price non refundable and still cancel and be refunded ... what's the point ???

to conclude and support this case with some facts here the discussions and our replies with dates :
The Guest:
Jul 08, 2017 19:44:30
Ich habe eine besondere Anfrage.
Hi I just booked this and have seen that the dates are incorrect date - can I please change my reservation from 20th July to Saturday 22nd July - thank you.

The Hotel:
Jul 08, 2017 20:28:48
Good evening Thank you very much for your mail. Please contact booking for changing the date of the arrival. At the moment we stil have availibility for the saturday (can change because there is something special in basel) but you realy have to do that via booking. But please notice that the room will not have the same price. It would be 114 CHF instead 89 CHF. We are looking forward to hear from you. Best regards Nicole Schieck Reception

The Hotel:
Jul 10, 2017 10:59:29
Dear Mrs Hirani After having discussed your wish for a refund of your stay with the manager, we'd like to kindly inform you that a refund to your booking is not possible, as you made a non-refundable booking. But of course you could still change the dates via Booking. If you have questions please contact us anytime Best regards Vivianne Emanuel Reception

Best regards
Hr. Schmitt
Manager

Reviewed 5 July 2017

This hotel is located 2 blocks from Rhein, and 10-15 minute walk from downtown. We walked along Rhein every day, watching hundreds of people swam down Rhein, seeing people drinking and eating in the restaurants all day and all night long; touring around MatketPlatz and the old town areas. We usually walked back to the hotel around 1 am without any fear of safety. The room is small but so well designed. The breakfast provides simple solid European style with good amount of baking goods. This hotel is conveniently located among 6-7 trains stops. The hotel's restaurant is set up in a outside tent under huge trees which provided outstanding services, extraordinary German/Swiss/Italian food, and the price is actually cheaper. We ended up eating there everyday after tried other places.

The hotel gave us free Travel Pass so that we could hop on any trains or buses anytime. Switzerland's transportation and infrastructure is probably the best in the world. We even took the trains outside Basel and enjoyed the Alps scene. The trains are on time, clean, runs smooth with real A/C, and they still run at 1 am. Switzerland has figured out how to manage their transposition and infrastructure much better than most countries in the world.

Most Swiss speaks English. Many fountains shoot out fresh clean water for people to drink in the summer. By looking at how clean Rhein is, how clean the city is, and how the drinkable fountain water is, you really have to respect their effort to preserve their environment. After visiting other noisy big cities, Basel is truly a refreshing scene. We will stay in this Resslirytti hotel next time in Basel,.

Room Tip: Convenient Location. Solid Breakfast. Excellent Restaurant. Great Services.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Everything what I needed for a short business trip! The bed was comfortable, the room clean and receptionist very kind and helpful. The Hotel is situated in a very nice area, close to everything you might need!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

We felt so fortunate to have chosen this hotel from a website without really knowing much about Basel and location. Turns out that it was a perfect choice! The hotel, newly renovated was beautiful. It was absolutely immaculate! The staff for checking in, information and helpfulness was terrific! Very friendly and courteous. It could not have been in a more convenient location for walking across the bridge or hopping on a bus or tram. Dinner in the Italian restaurant was delicious and the hot fudge sundae....what can I say! Our corner room had a great view for watching the world go by and we would definitely recommend this to any travelers. Our only disappointment was missing the first night there and breakfast the next day due to our flight being cancelled from Lisbon! No fault on the hotel's part!
Thanks to the staff for a wonderful visit!
The Albrights from Ocean City, Maryland