“Pleasant staff”

Hotel Restaurant Resslirytti
Ranked #27 of 52 Hotels in Basel
Reviewed 28 September 2017

This is the only one I have stay in in Basle so I have no comparison. I like its simplicity and friendliness of staff. The role was modest but I needed no more so I cannot complain. For the money it was fine and everything worked and was clean. There is a good restaurant on site. I dined there and the food was excellent. The number of local people dining there suggests too it is well regarded. Location wise it was very convenient for me. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 September 2017

We only stayed one night on the way from Lucerne to Berlin. We had a very spacious double room in a sought-of attic location in the hotel. The room was very clean and the beds (two singles butted together) were comfortable, but had to be cautious of the low ceiling in parts of the room. Good free wifi, and plenty of power sockets (Swiss only) for charginging devices. The staff were extremely helpful and apologetic that our room wasn't ready - even though we arrived mid-morning. A delicious and filling breakfast was also included. The central location is ideal for catching a tram direct to both the German and French connecting train stations.

Room Tip: Power sockets in our room weren't suitable for European style plugs.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 days for a conference and some sightseeing. I do not speak German so it's a little easy for me to get lost and the staff were always helpful with my questions and requests. The rooms are very spacious and I appreciate that there's a fan (which I did not need, with the open window). They are also generous with replenishing bath supplies and towels which is a plus.
Overall great stay and the wonderful hotel staff is an asset!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2017

I had a very nice stay after a tiring car ride.
The staff was very friendl. I even got an upgrade. The food in the restaurant of the hotel was excellent.
Clean bathroom, good sleeping quality.
With airco in the room would have been topdestination

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Annoyed with the lack of flexibility that the hotel showed when I tried to cancel my booking. I understand the room was not refundable, but other hotels have cancelled without charge athough they have been none refundable when I've requested without any issues at all. Plus I tried to cancel minutes after I booked so it's not as if I had left the cancellation to the last minute. Althought they offered to change the date of the room and charge me a higher price which I had to accept or else lose all my money paid for the room. Kind of backed into a corner. Given it is peak period I felt they could have made an exception. This completely dampened my experience from the very start. Then stood at reception for 10-15 mins when I turned up as no one was there. Room had not even been cleaned when I was taken up. It was still in the state that the last person left it. Generally a very disappointing experience - not worth what I paid. Not impressed.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lionel S, Inhaber at Hotel Restaurant Resslirytti, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Ms Hirani,
Thank you for your comment - all comments are good to take as long that they are constructive and true. Obviously the fact that you could not cancel free of charge your room bothered you and maybe affected also your jugement.
I'm replying because I do not like incorrect things and you will be able to see just under the conversation and the dates to prouve it. In first place you asked to change the date and not to cancel - what we accepted so we were flexible and we just adapted the price to the new date - pretty fair for my point of view.
2 Days Later you asked to cancel and yes we did not accept a free of charge cancelation because we think that regarding all the guest how are paying more to keep some flexibility it is not correct. Otherwise everybody can book the low price non refundable and still cancel and be refunded ... what's the point ???

to conclude and support this case with some facts here the discussions and our replies with dates :
The Guest:
Jul 08, 2017 19:44:30
Ich habe eine besondere Anfrage.
Hi I just booked this and have seen that the dates are incorrect date - can I please change my reservation from 20th July to Saturday 22nd July - thank you.

The Hotel:
Jul 08, 2017 20:28:48
Good evening Thank you very much for your mail. Please contact booking for changing the date of the arrival. At the moment we stil have availibility for the saturday (can change because there is something special in basel) but you realy have to do that via booking. But please notice that the room will not have the same price. It would be 114 CHF instead 89 CHF. We are looking forward to hear from you. Best regards Nicole Schieck Reception

The Hotel:
Jul 10, 2017 10:59:29
Dear Mrs Hirani After having discussed your wish for a refund of your stay with the manager, we'd like to kindly inform you that a refund to your booking is not possible, as you made a non-refundable booking. But of course you could still change the dates via Booking. If you have questions please contact us anytime Best regards Vivianne Emanuel Reception

Best regards