See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 March 2015

This hotel (or a B&B) is located close to a major bus hub and tram/rail station so it definitely is very well connected. There are lots of shopping malls, leisure areas as well as restaurants around as well as places to see.

The hotel itself is a very old construction (60s/70s may be) which has a make shift lift installed which can take 2 persons max. The rooms are very basic with a bed, a cupboard, a table and a chair with lamp. Its not comfortable enough for the price at GBP 80 - 90 for a single room for a night.

The owner is very friendly and approachable and willing to help.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which does not face the street to avoid noise at night
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Hotel A, Gérant at Hotel At Home, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2015

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay in our Hotel. I am sorry that your experience didn't meet your expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Im delighted that the location of our hotel meet the purpose of your visite in geneva and also that the staff looked after you during your stay.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future!

Reviewed 24 February 2015

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night. Greeted promptly and politely by the front office staff. Small but comfortable room, the location is superb, close to the train station, grocery store, restaurants, pubs. Breakfast is simple but adequate enough for me. In all, i was a good stay.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
Hotel A, Gérant at Hotel At Home, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments following your stay with us. I am pleased to read that you found the hotel location ideal for the purpose of your visit and that the facilities of our hotel match your expetation.

We try to provide the best quality/price as possible.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another stay.

Hotel At Home Team

Reviewed 18 January 2015

For a business trip Hotel at Home met my needs - close to the train station, good wifi and a comfortable room (although I did stay in the larger apartments with a kitchen). The breakfast isn't anything to write home about but in an expensive market it is fine. The staff were friendly and helpful and as a single female traveller I felt safe. Couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
Hotel A, Gérant at Hotel At Home, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2015

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another stay.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed for a few days. The facilities were fair, except the wifi which was very poor. I found the service to be rather poor as well - the staff were a little rude and condescending for some reason. Convenient location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to leave such a detailed review about your stay in Hotel At Home. I am sincerely sorry to read that you encountered issues during your stay with our neighborhood and I am very sorry if this prevented you from enjoying a good sleep.
I am sorry that your experience didn't meet your expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies..

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel At Home in the near future!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have stayed several times at the Hotel at Home over the last few years. The hotel provides the basics that you need at a very affordable price in Geneva which is known for its very tight high prices and low hotel room vacancy rate. The staff are warm and friendly folks who dispatch their duties efficiently and kindly. The rooms are fairly small but clean and functional in the sense that the TV works fine and the washrooms are clean and modern. Moreover, at least during the winter months, there was little noise and it was easy to get a good sleep. I normally don’t bother with breakfast and walk to the central train station a few minutes away but the hotel seems now to be including breakfast in an overall higher price than a few years ago, and so I had breakfast at the hotel, which consists of tea or coffee and a croissant and a bun, and orange juice - a bit minimalist even for Continental European standards but okay nonetheless. Hotel at Home is very affordable, reliable, friendly and close to some really fine restaurants which all count as important advantages. A disadvantage is that the neighborhood is filled with a lot of prostitutes and people who seem like drug dealers, hanging around on street corners late at night, and when you walk by, they kind of look at you to check if you want something. Rather creepy, but if you ignore that weirdness, the advantages of Hotel at Home easily outweigh the disadvantages and I would recommend it just for sleeping and for short business trips. The wifi works fine.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lyal S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I'm glad that you found our location and price convenient and I hope that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Geneva.

Kind Regards,