“Dinner for 3”

Le Bistrot de Charlotte
Reserve with
Le Bistrot de Charlotte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 1,789 Restaurants in Geneva
Price range: US$25 - US$106
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saint-Gervais Les Bergues
Description: Typical and charming french bistrot very inspired from the traditionnal bouchon lyonnais and parisian brasserie. The food is delicate, tasty, generous and home-made ! We also provide excellent tapas for the afterworks every evening from 5.30pm with competitive happy hour ! Kitchen is open from Monday to Friday 12am to 2pm and 7pm to 10pm. And on Saturday from 7pm to 10pm.
Reviewed 20 August 2017

The best evening of my life apart from getting married & giving birth of course. Exquisite meal & gorgeous bottle of Sauvignon Blanc. We went for the 3 courses with a disc of 30%. Wonderful service, the girls were so good. They prepared the cooked fish at our table, also the crepe Suzette. We couldn't pour our own wine as they instinctively knew when we needed more. They did not crowd our table but were attentive when required. The food was amazing and I loved the mash potato with truffle oil. The portions were plenty & the desserts to die for. Fairly busy. I would go back to Geneva just to eat here. Compared to the rest of Geneva this was the only establishment that didn't cost the earth and I loved every minute here as did my son & husband

Reviewed 27 July 2017

We came on a rainy Monday at our hotel's suggestion. The restaurant was relatively empty and were seated at a back table in a part of the restaurant facing out into an indoor strip mall. The other tables around us were mostly empty, as were the tables in the more-attractive front portion of the restaurant. When we asked to be re-seated, we were promptly moved to a table in the front of the house but right against a window into the kitchen with a bright fluorescent light (again in a mostly empty room). An improvement, but still a weird seat for such an empty restaurant.

From there the food was great, the service was good, and the price was very reasonable for the quality (for Switzerland). We ate two courses and were too full for dessert. The restaurant never did fill up, though the gentlemen three tables over from us had a facetime call on speakerphone which made the restaurant feel more full than it was.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

It was hot hot hot on the night we decided to dine here. We sat outside and it was lovely with a slight breeze and quiet (Tuesday evening). The staff were lovely and attentive without being obtrusive. The food was simply superb. I suspect any negative reviews are for people that ordered food that is simply not of the area. Stick with the local dishes and you will not be disappointed. We had the menu Charlotte and chose to opt for the rabbit and entrecote for our main - both outstanding. They were unfortunately out of the bottle of wine we chose but handled it well. Dessert and entree were lovely also.
On the pricey side for us at 168CHF but was an outstanding meal and felt we paid what we got for.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Came here specifically for oysters as recommended by site. They only have oysters one month a year. Anything worthwhile on the prix fix is additional money. The salmon tartar was bland and slimy. I couldn't bear it and sent it back. The steak tartar was only slightly better. I would not recommend this spot at all.

GuillaumeMar, Directeur général at Le Bistrot de Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Dear Michelle,

First of all we would like to thank you for your visit last week.
We are sorry to see that our Restaurant did not met your expectations.
Regarding oysters, we do propose them during the winter, generally from October to March at their best period.
Our price policy is clearly mentioned on our menu and on our "the fork" page, but we will take your comment onto consideration to be more comprehensible.
About our both beef or salmon tartar, we are sorry if you were disappointed by our recipe, recipe that is usually very appreciated by our customers.
We do hope to see you again soon.

The Bistrot de Charlotte Team

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

I've went to eat in this lovely restaurant last friday with my wife and I had a really good 3 course meal which was 55CHF for person not too bad price for Geneva and the portions were really good the service was good and speak really good English, the desserts were good.
I definitely I can recommend this restaurant