1,112 results
All reviews colonial style train station nice hotel the red light district old town sister hotel three star good size nice bathroom smoking room quiet street public transport star hotel main station five minute walk stayed here for one night central location
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Hotel Kipling was our first stay of a wonderful Swiss vacation. Switzerland has a near perfect public trans system (never took a taxi), and reaching Kipling is a great example. From the airport take train, to 1st downtown Geneva stop, and then either take Tram (2min) or walk (5min) to Hotel Kipling (all free, neat and safe). Walking to Old Town is only 10min from the Hotel. Kipling's lobby is welcoming and service just right. Room was good size and comfortable and the bathroom very clean. If we return to Geneva , we will certainly return to Hotel Kipling. Reminder, ask for the Tram ticket in the lobby it takes you everywhere in this wonderful city - after a Old Town visit try to get to the Carouge neighborhood.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HotelKipling, General Manager at Hotel Kipling - Manotel Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Dear Client,
Thank you for having chosen the Kipling Manotel for your first stay in Switzerland! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Kipling and that you had enough time to explore the city center and old part of Geneva. All of our guests should receive a free public transportation ticket upon check-in and you can even use it on the small boats "mouettes" who crosses the lake from one side to the other. Very convenient! Also have in mind the service that the Airport provides, you can pick up a free ticket for public transport in the baggage hall, just before going out through the customs. This will take you downtown with the train or the bus without any charge!
Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Kipling soon again!
Kind regards

Reviewed 31 January 2018

This is not a review of a stay at the hotel, rather it is a review of their unsympathetic attitude towards my unfortunate need to cancel my booking. After having booked direct with this hotel, I discovered that my travel insurance would not cover me for in undiagnosed knee problem. Without insurance I cannot travel. I am awaiting an appointment to see an orthopaedic consultant. When that will be or what will be the outcome I am unable to say. When I contacted the hotel they informed me that I would lose the total cost of my stay which I had paid on booking. When I asked them to consider a refund due to exceptional circumstances they offered to keep my 'reservation' open until the end of June. There are two problems with this ... 1) as I said before I have not yet seen a consultant so who knows the timeframe involved, and 2) I want to go to Geneva in the winter. The hotel have stopped answering emails , and FB and Twitter messaged don't get attention.

My wife and I are currently 2 disgruntled and disappointed senior citizens. I guess this sort of customer care is a sign of the times.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gkmeech
HotelKipling, General Manager at Hotel Kipling - Manotel Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Good morning Sir,
Thank you for your message and I sincerely apologize for the problems you are having with your booking with us.
I know you have been in contact with our Front Office Manager concerning your wish to cancel your Non refundable reservation that was made end of December for an arrival on 22nd February. Unfortunately the cancellation conditions for non refundable bookings are quite strict but this is also clearly put forward when making the reservation.
I do, though, understand your point and that is why we proposed that you could use your deposit up until end of June.
Geneva is a beautiful city in summer as well! But if I understood right you prefer to come here during winter....so if we extend the validity of your deposit up until the end of the year, (31st December 2018) you should hopefully be able to find a date that could suit.
I thank you for your understanding and I/we look forward to hear from you soon again.
Have a wonderful week-end,
With my best regards
Maria Jarl Croci
Directrice

Reviewed 27 January 2018

My fourth stay at Kipling - I like everything about this place but especially the staff. Everyone is friendly and helpful and no one makes fun of my....well..you know..The breakfast is great. Tram stop is about 200 ft away. Rooms are clean. Coffee in the room would be nice (they have tea).

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank BarkBrown

Thank you! Great review just what we would like to hear and I will definitively share your comment with the all the staff!
Looking forward to meet you during your next visit!
Best regards

Reviewed 22 January 2018

This hotel is very central we arrived at Geneva airport picked up the free travel card. the train station is in the airport a 7 minute train ride and we were in central Geneva. We walked from the station to the hotel about 5 mins. The receptionists were very friendly and helpful. We asked for a room with a balcony which was lovely. The room was small but very clean. Their was a kettle in the room. No bar in the hotel but the Lord Jim was a minute walk away. Did not have breakfast. But would highly recommend this hotel

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Madame, Dear Sir,
Thank you for your lovely feedback following your stay here at the Kipling! I am pleased to hear that our staff made your stay comfortable and pleasant. Hopefully you had a bit of sunshine so that you could enjoy your balcony!
I am sorry to hear that you did not see our little bar...we do have one around the corner from the reception with it is quite tiny...and as you say, the Lord Jim pub is just around the corner.
We all look forward to welcoming back soon again!
Best regards

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed a week for business. It was my chosen hotel as It was convenient, plenty of eateries around, 5-7 minutes walk to train station and Geneva Lake.

It’s a boutique hotel, small and well run. I was greatly warmly by Laura at check-in, got the room I have requested (top floor with a small balcony). Room is decorated nicely and clean though small but I like it this way. Breakfast was good, choice of bread, cereal and others (continental). The price is awesome considering the location. Highly recommended!

Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello,
Thank you for your lovely comments following your stay here at the Kipling. I am happy to hear that Laura made your check-in pleasant and efficient! We all look forward to welcome you back soon again!
with my best regards