US$170
US$148
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$168/night.

US$281
US$111
US$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

US$268
US$218
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$246/night.

US$157
US$515
Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva(Geneva)
1,439 results
All reviewstrain stationred light areanice hotelexecutive roomseparate toiletfamily roombusiness hotelhotel is locatedold townlake genevabusiness tripbuffet breakfastcomfortable roomsfew minutes walkmain stationexpensive citypublic transport
Reviewed 18 May 2018

This is a good hotel located circa 300 metres walk in city square where buses and trains arrive from airport. Front desk and restaurant staff very good and helpful, well done to them! Many restaurants within 100 metres, reception recommended a local Italian restaurant which was excellent.
While convenient for most things, it's also located in the heart of the adult entertainment area. It appeared safe enough to walk around, we were in a group heading for a restaurant. There are many shady individuals with mobiles phones surgically attached, hovering about minding their 'goods'. This may appeal to some, but not to everyone and brings a sense apprehension.
The main foyer, restaurant and rooms are all clean, comfortable and well equipped. Buffet breakfasts very good and fair value. Front Foyer bar always empty, check prices to see why.
Showers in rooms good, but old school bath, curtain and shower head on sliding mast. Dangerous combination of water/soap and slippery bath floor made taking a shower an extreme sport! Come on Novotel, this is 2018 and guests shouldn't fear getting hurt!
Summary, most things very good, location a mixed bag, I don't know if we'll be back.

Room Tip: This is city centre, don't bother trying to find a view that doesn't exist
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
NovotelGeneveCentre, Responsable réception at Novotel Geneve Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear J3185ZDbryans,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Novotel Geneva Center. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us! As you mentionned, our hotel is situated in the city center, so, the night life district (the same as you can find in the majority of big cities all over the world) is traditional part of local picture. There is no problem with security, it's just a particular atmosphere of the night life, that some clients like very much and others don't. Anyway, we are very sorry that it impacted your perception.
We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that your next stay will be even more pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

I felt that this hotel could be described as adequate for a short stay in Geneva. It's within easy walking distance of the Cornavin Bus/Rail Station and the Lake frontage. Some of our group felt the area was a bit threatening and unsafe because of it being in a "Red-Light" district. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby and there are shops - including a Lidl also within walking distance. Everything in Geneva is expensive but for a few days this has to be budgeted for. The hotel's room was satisfactory although finding the light switches presented a challenge upon arrival. The sealing of the shower door was poor and I managed to inadvertently flood the bathroom floor on it's first use. A major complaint would be the efficiency of the lifts and although appearing modern, space age and glitzy they didn't work very well and the alternative stairs to the various floors is not apparent. Breakfast time in the Dining room seems chaotic at peak periods and not enough chairs are provided for seating at tables. One has to go on an exploratory search for things like cutlery, salt and other items that are not obviously on hand. Aside from that the food on offer was OK and the staff friendly and helpful - although they did not always seem to be dressed very professionally.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st floor were quiet enough
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear ManxSailor,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I'm happy to hear you appreciated our central location and our staff. However, I’m sorry for the technical issue with the lifts that you met during your stay, please, accept my apologizes for the inconvenience. Our technicians were informed, so please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
It is my hope we can welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Centrally located and close to almost everything (walking or riding) in case you wish to explore. I must say i did like this stay. Very good staff and checkin and out was easy and efficient. The room was clean and the bed UBER comfy! Hard a hard time waking up, which is a good thing vs the alternative. Wifi was spot on and all worked in the room as advertised. Didn't have time to use the workout area. Breakfast was tasty with good service. Elevators are SMALL, as in maybe two people with bags? They move fast enough which is a good thing. Outlets for tech were rather spotty, but i made it work.
Overall, a good stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Albyfli
NovotelGeneveCentre, Front Office Manager at Novotel Geneve Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Dear Albyfli,
Thank you very much for your kind review! I'm happy to hear you appreciated our central location and the quality of our services. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

I’m sat in the hotel bar right now as my hotel room is too cold to stay in for any period of time. It can’t be fixed - the heating for the whole hotel has been switched off. A decision by the manager two days ago, apparently - he clearly didn’t check the forecast. They brought me a cheap noisy fan heater which will hopefully make my room warm enough to get undressed for bed. This is the second problem with my room and I’ve only been here a few hours - the shower was also broken when I arrived. This “luxury” hotel is costing more than my honeymoon did and I can’t wait to leave, but alas I’m here for two more days and all of Geneva is fully booked.

To be fair - I'm in quite a nice bar and the hotel staff are lovely - even when I’m in full on rant mode. Though I expect they are used to it - reading the other reviews, I am not the first to experience such problems.

At the prices you are charging, Novotel, perhaps you could run some repairs and let the guests decide whether they’d like to be warm or not?

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Puffetta73,
I'm sorry to learn that your experience didn't meet up to your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the technical issues that you met during your stay. In the month of May we stop the heating system and start the air condition season. As the nights are still fresh and the days are warm, it’s always very difficult to keep temperature balance during this period. Anyway, we are sorry for the inconvenience.
Regarding the rates: we are aware that the hospitality business model of the Geneva market - driven by a high demand compared to the offer - can be disconcerting in terms of pricing, especially when measured up to other internationals cities, and we are sorry that it impacted your perception.
We appreciate your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you during your next visit in Geneva.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

I'm just a bit shocked about their breakfast, that costs 29Franc or 19Franc if you pay before hand. I made myself better breakfast when I was a student! I ordered it to my room as I have a super busy schedule and need to work while eating. I received coco pops, some weird dry bread crackers, 1 yogurt and banana..I called them to say I eat none of those things and if it was possible to get something savoury, some cheese, some veggies (normally a hotel will also offer you eggs), the women was very rude and said it costs extra...The tea was cold and besides no one inquired beforehand what to serve you as the leave let on the door was very unspecific..very disappointed and dont like to feel angry right after getting up and before meeting a client..Won't come again

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Ellie S
NovotelGeneveCentre, Responsable réception at Novotel Geneve Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Ellie S,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We do apologize if our breakfast did not meet your expectations. I have informed our Food and Beverage department about the issue.
Our room service breakfast is a continental breakfast. Do not hesitate to taste our breakfast buffet where you will get hot and cold products.

We hoep to welcome you soon again.

Sincerely yours,