“Wonderful food and great service!”

Brasserie Da Matteo
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
Brasserie Da Matteo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #677 of 1,810 Restaurants in Geneva
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Going out in Geneva can be tricky as a young couple because we are always looking for the best restaurants for the best value. There's nothing worse than picking a restaurant with good reviews and getting terrible, pretentious servers, mediocre food, and on top of that, a hefty bill because "it's Geneva and everything is expensive."

Da Matteo was none of that- the servers were kind, attentive and helpful. The food was fresh and full of flavor, and the atmosphere was very trendy and modern. We particularly liked their version of spaghetti carbonara (portions are fair and this one is very filling FYI!) and their goat and Swiss cheese salad. Each dish had their own twist on the original which was unique and delicious.

Had we not been tired from the work week we probably would have sat there all night as they have a nice wine and drink menu. Our experience was overall fantastic and we will definitely be returning!

Da Matteo B, Responsable relations publiques at Brasserie Da Matteo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

This review made our day.
Thank you so much.
We look forward to satisfy you again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

We booked the restaurant via The Fork, which is a great marketing tool to get to know a place we wouldn't have tried otherwise. Unfortunately it was my first completely disappointing experience at a restaurant.
The manager welcomed us with a smile, the waiter prepared us a very good antipasti which was not on the menu. So far so good.
But then I ordered the filet de boeuf for dinner (most expensive course on the menu), which was absolutely terrible... no taste and with a huge nerve going through it, very difficult to cut or chew. I immediately called the server to explain, and he offered to cut it for me instead of just changing the piece. Still impossible to eat half of it. The overall presentation of the plate was also very poor/cheap.
Then they said my desert would be on the house - which did not happen. When I questioned, they decided they would offer us limoncello instead. Thanks for deciding for me!
When I spoke to the manager (after paying) how disappointed I was, he pretty much said "some pieces are what they are".
Sorry - but if you are a good quality restaurant, all of your pieces are supposed to be good. And in case of misfortune, just cook another one for your client. I am always willing to wait for another preparation just to be satisfied. This was a very bad reaction.
My friends had good meals, but they won't come back to your establishment because of your poor customer service attitude, not because of my plate. Obviously I won't come back for both reasons.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Went there for a business dinner. Service was really nice but the food was just ok. One of my colleague had a terrible gaspacho. My main was good but I would have liked more taste to it. One of us had the lobster linguine and it was great!

Reviewed 27 May 2017

It was fine to eat there, but honestly for the amount of food you get, the prize are way too high. While waiting, we had some tapenade to eat, and that was more than welcomed as we were hungry. And it was very good actually.

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

The steak was cooked perfectly, tender and flavourful. The dessert was presented beautifully with fresh fruit and authentic ice cream. A good choice of wines are also available. Staff were friendly and attentive, would definitely return.