“It needs a health inspection - Toilets a disgrace”
Review of Boky

Boky
Ranked #935 of 1,810 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Cornavin
Reviewed 30 December 2017

I eat there from time to time as it is practical but the more often I eat there the more often I begin to have doubts about the hygiene standards.

The toilets are a real disgrace and have not been made over since forever. They stink and are often too dirty to use.

I often wonder about the general standard of hygiene and I would love to do a health inspection to alleviate my fears.

The food still tastes alright but it is not as good as it once was. The staff hardly speak French or English and I wonder how they managed to get a job dealing with the public.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

First of all, the menu is too large. I still remain affraid looking at it. How come they can propose something fresh. I wonder...
The food they serve is deep fried. I don't like the taste. It's pricey for what it is. The service is free from kindness and professionalism.
Avoid it.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

My boyfriend and I came to Boky for lunch one day around 3, because we needed something fairly quick and we (or at least I was) were pretty sick of fondue at that point. For the weird time, it was still pretty crowded.

Vietnamese spring rolls - tasted like they left it in the fryer for a tad too long

Salt and pepper fried squid - the flavor was okay, but it wasn't really that crispy. This had the opposite problem of the spring rolls.

Chicken and salted fish fried rice - very little salted fish. In fact, I'm not sure there was even any in there because I didn't really taste the salted fish. It was pretty much just chicken fried rice, which wasn't bad.

Beef with vegetables - pretty standard.

The portions are small (at least compared to NYC) but with the amount we ordered, it was enough for two people. We had some leftovers. So if you are doing family style and have a large group, you might want to order a bit more.

I'm not sure how many other Chinese restaurants are in town but I'm thinking there has to be a better one somewhere. Basic food aside, the atmosphere is kind of shady. Apparently there's a gambling machine in the back by the restroom, with shady dudes hanging around by it and smoking cigarettes. Maybe takeout and bringing it back to the hotel would have been a better option.

1  Thank Melanie T
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Quite a good experience. Pre-prepared chinese food served in very large portions. In the context of Geneva it's also fairly good value

Reviewed 4 October 2017

A nice meal in an older style restuarant. The flavours were tasty and not overbearing. Service was Ok and staff very friendly. We asked for no MSG and they were very accomodating. Great value for Geneva