“Great coffee and cake”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 21 January 2018

We wanted a quick coffee and slice of cake after wandering around the Old Town area and on our way back, we found here. And what a great find. Both of our cakes were great and coffee was very nice too. One tip. If you know that there are seats, get your cake first and take it to the table. A lady will then come to take your drinks order. Great little find.

1  Thank Sprost1

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

This review is only about the best black forest cake I have ever tasted. It is not about anything else at Heini. I first ate the Heini Black Forest cake 20 years ago and ever since then I try to drop in at least once whenever I'm in Lucerne. Today I had afternoon tea there and it's just as good as ever!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

My wife and I were looking for a quick breakfast bite and came across this small bakery/restaurant across from the main train station in Luzern. I ordered a cappuccino (5.20 CHF) and a mozzarella focaccia (4.95). My wife had a pastry as I recall. They spoke English and the two ladies who served us (pay separately for pastry and coffee) were friendly and efficient. We were pleased but not overwhelmed by the taste and flavors of our limited breakfast.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

I had breakfast there before taking train to Engelberg. It is very closed to Luzern train station.
Do not expect very professional service but they are nice too.
Croissant is great and hot chocolate is not heavy sweet. Price is very affordable in Switzerland. I bought 2 more Croissant to take away. Love it.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

This place could have been quite nice,
Very well located, nicely decorated BUT
Toilet was in a dreadful state!
And
You don't sell two more drinks for sfr 24 if you are about to close.....