“Great service, geat food.”

Restaurant Chateau Guetsch
Ranked #124 of 436 Restaurants in Lucerne
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 November 2017

We ate here during our stay at the hotel and really enjoyed the meal and service here. The food was fresh and delicious while the service was efficient, polite and five star.

ChateauGuetsch, Manager at Restaurant Chateau Guetsch, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear Sajjad K

Thank you for sharing your experiences on tripadvisor and for staying with us at the Chateau Gütsch! With pleasure I will forward your feedback to the team and I am sure that this will be a great motivation for them.

I hope that you had a safe journey back home and that we will have the chance to welcoming you again to our wonderful castle.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

On a perfect Fall day, we made our way to the hotel on the advice of a Viking River Cruise staffer. The ride on the venicular was quite fun! The terrace dining area looked so inviting and the view is astounding! The menu looked very nice and we chose the mushroom risotto and a sausage plate. The food did not disappoint. The prices were indeed high, but not unreasonably so, for the ambiance. Should we return to Luzern, we'd love to stay at the hotel to enjoy it more.

Dear Deborah M
Thank you for sharing you experiences on tripadvisor and for visiting us for lunch at the Chateau Gütsch. The view from up here is indeed just stunning! With pleasure I will forward your feedback to the team and I am sure that his will a great motivation for them.
I hope to welcome you again soon at the Chateau Gütsch!

Reviewed 20 October 2017

We decided to take some good friends out for a special dinner and to enjoy a "wild" autumnal meal. We weren't disappointed. The view is as always stunning and our friends loved the trip up in the cogwheel train. We had our daughter with us and she was made to feel very welcome. I had one of the best mushroom soups of my life as a starter and a very pleasant wild boar dish. Although the portion didn't look huge I couldn't finish it. Somehow I managed to find room for my share of the Vermicelle dessert. The price was reasonable, and contrary to what I read here, the service was both professional and friendly. If you have time stop by the bar, not only is the decor very special, the view amazing but they make great cocktails!

Dear Charlie L

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. With pleasure have I shared this with my team. We home to welcome you again to our beautiful Chateau Gütsch with the stunning view.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

My husband and I enjoyed a lovely meal at the restaurant. The menu offered a lot of choice, we very much enjoyed our meal, the service was excellent and the view over the city and the lake are stunning.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

My five stars are mainly for the cocktails which although expensive were sublime. Explore the menu and heed the recommendations. My White Russian was fantastic as were the Buttermilk Margaritas.

We ate in the restaurant one night and had great fine dining food with a phenomenal view of the city and the lake as we watched a storm come through.

Perhaps best of all are breakfasts, out on the terrace when the weather is good and a view of morning sun on the lake and around the mountains that will last in your memory for ages.