US$187
US$273
US$180
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$239/night.

US$135
US$131
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$165/night.

US$350
US$290
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$345/night.

US$215
US$414
US$399
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 August 2012

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The rooms are tiny and bug were on my bed. Codes were used to open the door, and I was afraid that the shady workers would come in my room because they had access to all the codes. No elevator and the stairs are steep and dark. The food is horrible. Go to the cafe down the street for breakfast and have dinner at another place.

The only good thing is the location is near the heart of Lucerne.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We spent 3 nights at this hotel. The only reason we stayed for these 3 nights is we had paid in advance and could not afford to change to another hotel. The only positive is the location as it is easy walking distance to everything in Lucerne. We had dinner & drinks at Shamrocks Irish Pub just off the main street in the old town - highly recommend. Food was great and staff were lovely.

We arrived at the hotel at 1pm from the train station and were told check in was 3pm. This was fine however we had to almost beg to store our luggage. We came back about 2:57, tired from walking around trying to kill 2 hours after a long travel journey and they still were not going to let us check in because it was not 3pm (deadly serious). Eventually we got checked in and got up to our room.

The rooms are incredibly basic (as we expected) however they were not clean or comfortable in the slightest. Our room was filthy with dust and just being in there made us both feel ill. I did not expect much of the bathroom - it is like a little porta-bathroom almost, with toilet and shower. This was okay however they DO NOT provide towels as they state. They provide 2 hand towels and you are expected to use this to shower. As an average size female, this was even difficult for me! There was a small window in the room, but we could not keep this open at night due to the noise in the street, so the room becomes incredibly stuffy. There is also no privacy as there are buildings across the street that can see straight in - no curtains are provided so if you have the lights on in the evening, there is a view straight into the room.

We ran out of toilet paper and asked for our room to be serviced (even had the sign on the door for 2 days). This did not happen, and even after asking the front desk, we were not provided any. Thankfully a housekeeper left the storage room unlocked so we were able to get more. I can understand that some people would like the novelty of it. That was why we booked it, however I should have read the reviews more thoroughly as this was definitely not a suitable place for us to stay,. I certainly do not recommend it for stays more than 1 night, especially if you want to get any sleep.

Also - thoroughly check the beds before you accept a room. Both myself and my partner are covered in little bites all over our bodies as a result of our stay. Lucerne is expensive, however I think it is worth spending the extra to stay somewhere comfortable and decent. Plus the staff may actually care about looking after their guests rather than flirting with the young contiki tour guests the entire time.

Room Tip: If you do decide to brave it and stay here - make sure you book the suites. These looked semi-okay although we did not get a good look inside.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank breezey103
Reviewed 2 August 2012

The worst accommodations I have ever seen. Please stay away. I'm going to kill my travel agent when I get home. She vouched for this sh.thole.
Pros:
1. Lucerne is beautiful. The hotel is near the beautiful areas.
Cons:
1. Staff is either oblivious or mean spirited.
2. The room was stiflingly hot. No AC. No fans. The only source of non heat was the cold water from the bathroom.
3. We stayed two nights. Both nights were very loud.
4. Bathroom had black mold.
5. Bathroom is a box in the corner. Very small.
6. Breakfast is ok, but some of the meat had turned.

I could go on, but please don't give these people money. I beg you. Humans should not have to stay in these conditions. I am ashamed that I stayed at this place.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Stayed here as part of a Contiki tour. Although everything was very basic the rooms were fairly decent; the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was clean. The maintenance of the jail feel is very real and at times eerie. However there were a couple of drawbacks; our shower was across the hall, the towels were quite small and no lift meant walking up 3 flights of stairs with our bags.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2012

It was a jail and it is one. It CAN NOT be called a hotel. Not even a hostel.
1)Rooms are claustrophobic, Hardly any ventilation or light.
2)Only one yellow light bulb adds more to the nightmarish experience
3)No lift- You have to drag all your baggage upto the 3rd floor.
4)No double beds but hostel like beds one on top of the other.
5)No WiFi in the room and with no lift you have to do up and down from reception to your room to access it.
6)No intercom. Even for small doubts you have to go down in the reception.
7)There is nothing called a room service. There was no soap kept in the bathroom, we informed the reception and nobody came up to deliver it. Had to go again to get it.
8)No common microwave even to heat your food.
9)Breakfast has limited options.

All in all, there wasn't a single good point about this hotel. Terribly bad experience.

Room Tip: Only go with your friends. NEVER with family.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple