“The best Schnizels I ever had”
Review of Old Swiss House

Old Swiss House
Ranked #10 of 414 Restaurants in Lucerne
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: Swiss
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2017

The Old Swiss House has a top notch of everything from soup, main, and dessert. Lobster bisque is intense and aromatic. Schnitzels cooked with pure butter, cheese and breadcrumbs are un beatable. Veal is juicy and moist. Top of everything I love the dessert, chocolate mousse is rich and smooth. Staff is so good, they are so attentive and friendly. My dining experience is unforgettable.

1  Thank Ni W

Reviewed 19 August 2017

on our first visit to this restaurant we were very happy with the food, service, atmosphere and ambiance. most of all we were impressed by the 400gr. butter chunk in which the 2 Schnizels we ordered ,were prepared. these Schnizels are unique and the best in the world. but i am not sure they are best for yr health. everything else we ordered was first class, very tasty,well prepared and beautifully presented. so we decided to come back a couple of days later, for a second round. also the second time around went well and to our complete satisfaction. till we ordered for the dessdert their speciality "crepe suzette". it was beautifully prepared in front of us, but when we tasted it, it was terrible. we almost got sick. by mistake they used salt instead of suger. this ended our celebrations with this restaurant.

3  Thank alerda
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Incredible delectable sensational unbelievable, simply the best schnitzel in the entire world! I honestly believe that this is true! Made for you at table and served with noodles useing the bread crumbs that remaind with the huge amount of butter that is used to cook it in.

The cuisine here is truly outstanding!!! The wine list as well very seriously thought out and extremely diverse. One of my most favorite restaurants anywhere in the world and an absolute must if one visits Lucerne.

The owner Philip and his mother as well as all the staff could not be more charming and accommodating.

2  Thank Jelswiss
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I have had dinner at the Old Swiss House over the last five years. It has has always been a wonderful place to eat. My first meal was about 20 years ago and it hasn't changed. It's on the high end of eateries that I have dinner at but it's worth splurging once in a while. Enjoy!

1  Thank Jazzcat02
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Was so thankful that I had read some good reviews about this place and made a reservation to celebrate my husband's special birthday. We were given a table totally decorated with unique decorations and a happy birthday banner but the best part was the food! Highly recommend appetizer of smoked salmon which they slice tableside. Then the wiener schnitzel, also prepared tableside, was best in the world! A nice light dessert for me was the lemon sorbet mixed with champagne and vodka while my husband enjoyed his special birthday dessert compliments of the restaurant and served on a musical plate -- guess what song it played. Service was spectacular and fun to see the framed photos of all the US Presidents and other famous folks who have been here. Thanks to all who previously reviewed this place. It's a must if you're visiting Lucerne!!

1  Thank serendipity96