“Classic - a must visit”

Cuisines: Swiss
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2018

We loved it 4 years ago and it's even better now. Yes, it is expensive, but it is worth it. Still the best schnitzel we had in Switzerland (this time they added a small side of cranberry sauce - traditional in Austria - which was delicious!) Don't miss out on this classic stop (but I would recommend dining at a time when they have the full menu, not the limited menu, available).

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

If you want Swiss food this is the place. Wiener schnitzel cooked table side. Best I ever had. Our server was so good handling a table of six. Must see in the restaurant. It’s like a museum. Friend loved her pasta and lobster. So glad we experienced this

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2018

I think that The Old Swiss House might be viewed as a bit too touristy for many. But from where I sit, it is a must. The location is center city Old Town. The exterior is perfect German/Swiss charming architecture. The interior is just as charming with a cluttered, homey feel of carved woods crystal and soft lighting. Yes we both ordered the Wiener Schnitzel, prepared at our table and it was the best I've ever had (He used close to a pound of butter). One day I'm going to develop a nice soft sauce just for this dish. I asked the General Manager a question about the history and he gave me the grand tour! Nice touch! The desserts were delicious and the coffee robust. Great night out.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank ANOUL
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Prepared at the table: a succulent escalope de veau! Amazingly tasty. We finished with another dish that is prepared at the table: crepes suzette. Very very good. We didn't count calories that evening but had a wonderful dinner in a great ambiance.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 18 August 2018

I think is difficult to find a proper Swiss restaurant in Lucern, so if you are looking for that, The Old Swiss House is the right place. Excellent food, but perfect ambience and great staff (the owener attends by herself most of the guests) as well. Price is worth to pay.

PS. Previous reservations is a must, very difficult to find table if you just go there.

Date of visit: June 2018