Hotel Ambassador
Hotels.com
Roter Turm(Solothurn)
US$194
  • Restaurant
Hotel Roter Ochsen(Solothurn)(Great Value!)
US$141
Baseltor Hotel(Solothurn)
US$146
All reviewsrailway stationold townreceptioncityswitzerland
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

My friends and I were pleased with really comfy beds with en suite bathrooms. We had a kettle for a complimentary cup of tea which we considered a welcome luxury. Very helpful staff. We also had bike storage for the four of us. Our regular great European breakfast. A good choice.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank seniorgirly
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for a business trip. The location is great, close to center and with parking before door (limited capacity). The rooms are clean but need little paint. From the hotel you walk in couple of minutes to the restaurants on the riverside. Breakfast is good with sufficient choice. Price level on Swiss standard.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Marc A
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I came to Solothurn for business and stayed at the ambassador hotel for 2 weeks.
Although the rooms are small they are comfortable. Expect the bathrooms to be small but useable.
This is an old building like most in Solothurn and has no air conditioning. Which made some days a little uncomfortable as the summer temperatures were insult high for Switzerland.
The staff are very welcoming and friendly. Their English is great as my Swiss German does not exist. Happy for me to check in early after long haul from Adelaide and willing to offer advise where to eat and what to see in leisure time.
Ask reception about discount vouchers for boat trip to Biel.
Would stay again if a return visit happens

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 8 May 2012

This is a cosy, family run place almost just opposite the railway station, and in a small town like Solothurn, this is about as central as you can get. The atmosphere is pleasant, the breakfast is wholesome and there is ample free parking at the rear, which was a main selling point. The downside I felt was that for the facilities on offer, the tariff was still relatively on the higher side.

Room Tip: make sure you go for a drink in the top floor bar at the nearby Ramada...amazing views, with no price premium!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Finding the hotel from my train arrival was a piece of cake. Walk out of the station and cross the road.

The whole feel of the hotel is cosy. Cost reception, cosy rooms. Staff were friendly and polite.

My room was basic and very livable. I just needed to sleep in this room and it would be too small for a full day of office working.

A highlight for me was the room key control system. See the picture and enjoy. It gives control of the keys and indication of whom is in and out.

There is internet in the hotel which worked OK for web browsing. I was unable to connect to our office IP telephony system which I think was being blocked by the hotel firewall.

The hotel is convenient to supermarkets where I did some Swiss gift buying ie bulk chocolates.

I would stay at this hotel next time I am in Solothurn.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business