All reviews new wing riviera travel train station nice hotel huge bathroom main building business room junior suite nice room loved this hotel bit dated breakfast buffet old world charm harder kulm there is no air conditioning sitting area excellent view
Reviewed 29 March 2018

was in Interlaken for 2 nights and arrived at 9pm to be told I had been upgraded. I got to my room and it was very spacious but very old fashioned, with what looked light original bathroom décor and single beds. I immediately went to see if I could get a room change but the hotel was full and could only move me the next night. I was tired after travelling for 10 hours and got into bed after a bath in the very deep old fashioned foot clawed bath with shower curtain wrapped all the way round. The noise from the tap was loud when filling up but the water was very hot. When the water is emptied it made a lot of noise. After getting into bed the guests upstairs came in and I could hear very clearly and loudly their movements. hen the guest next to me came back and the their bathroom sounded like it was adjoined to my headboard wall and I could hear them opening drawers, turning water on walking around etc so I knew I was in for a disturbed night and I wasn't wrong. Noise from above, next door and other people coming back to their rooms at 12:30am., 2:30am and leaving at 5:30am. So I was exhausted by the time I had to get up. The grandeur of the building was not lost of me but it didn't make for a good hotel room with big heavy doors and echoey corridors. The new room was basic and was dorm like but I slept better until someone slammed their door at 4:26am ! The breakfast was excellent as were the staff but the rooms really need insulation and updating.

Room tip: if you are a lighter sleeper ask for the modern side of the building
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
KA8983, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Royal St. Georges Interlaken - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Nick,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are constantly looking to offer a better service to our guests. Unfortunately as it is mentioned in your comment some part of the hotel are not perfectly soundproof. That is something we cannot avoid as the hotel is part of an historical compound and the law doesn't let us do any changes to the structure. We always try to put in a quiet room the guests that have a soft sleep and we are truly sorry that this wasn't possible on your first night.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

The hotel is an old traditional building, very well maintained. We stayed in the family suite at a building of behind the main hotel, the room was brand new, included a kitchen, sitting area and space for a couple and 2 children. While the room was great, we did not have a fabulous view of the mountains, but we were out and about most of the time so it did not matter. I also used the sauna, great to defrost after a day of skiing. The breakfast was excellent including proseco and great selection of cheeses, the hotel dining is also very good.
The hotel is just 5 minutes walk away from the East train station, but they will pick you up and drop you off if needed. The center of Interlaken is also just 5 minutes away. I would certainly stay here again. Interlaken is a great place to stay to explore the Jungfrau region.

Room tip: Family suit is great when traveling with children. If you want a nice view request a room at the main building .
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
KA8983, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Royal St. Georges Interlaken - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear Madame,

thank you very much for your postive feedback.

We are delighted to hear that your stay was a success and that you liked out hotel as a base to explore the beautyfull Bernese Oberland.

We wish you a safe journey home and hope to see you again in Interlaken in the future.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We had a great birthday dinner with such a lovely service! Great Swiss cheese fondue and very yummi desert but even better service! Many thanks Justyna S. for making the evening unforgettable!

Looking forward to coming back!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ben G
KA8983, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Royal St. Georges Interlaken - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear Ben,
It was such a pleasure to have you in our hotel and we are delighted that your stay met your expectations.
It is our greatest pride that to take farewell from a happy customer.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

The hotel has it all: clean itself, nicely decorated, great and professional personnel, very nice rooms, with the style and welcoming atmosphere.
Wide-range breakfast as well as a'la carte menu to please any taste. Nice lounges for the afternoon apero or tea time. Located on the main street, about 10min easy walking from Train Station. Don't think much - you'll like it.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Julija G

Dear Julija,
We were so delighted to serve you and we are so happy that you had a memorable stay.

We'll be happy to welcomes you again in Interlaken.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I spent 2 nights and enjoyed this beautiful hotel.
The bedrooms are large and quiet, the wifi is very good all over the hotel.
The staff is very profesionnal and smiling and i love the food we had .
The breakfast buffet is just amazing with swiss cheeses sausages fresh yogurts fresh fruits juices bred croissant like in France etc.
The bar is.nice with some music and the lobby is elegant too.
I will definitly come back and thank you.for the lovely stay

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank lcalling

Distinguished Guest,

we are so delighted that your stay met your expectation.

We take great pride in our guests satisfaction and we will follow your feedback to our great staff.

We will be very happy to welcome you again in beautyful Interlaken