Destinia.com
Vio.com
StayForLong
All reviews train station love this hotel old style balcony hosts watches
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

It was the first hotel that we stayed in Swiss. Room was classical, made of wood, and so big. bathroom facility was normal. Breakfast was nothing special, there were little kind of foods. But they served a kettle of coffee, milk. There was a station, Migros market near.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this property for 2 nights and I must say that the weather was so hot and the hotel had no arrangements to tackle the heat (30 degrees C). There was no air conditioning neither they had a fan. They gave us a table fan on request but that still left us drenched in sweat. I requested for a second table fan and they said they had run out of those and were not prepared for this heat.

Breakfast options were poor. For vegetarians they only had some bread and butter and basic cereal. Being Switzerland I had expected to see some good cheese and fruits. In terms of service, I didn't find the staff courteous at all at their breakfast area. Every request felt like I was being questioned and they weren't very open to serving their customers in a good way. They had cut fruits in sugar syrup but since my mom is diabetic I requested them to give me some whole fruits and they said they didn't have any. So not only was the breakfast spread poor, they also had shortage of food and poor service

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank 918aditia
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Loved the place, the host Charlotte takes care of all your questions about travel & the town. Decently priced for interlaken standards, and the room are well maintained. Prefer the quiet location of this hotel to other places, and its also very close to interlaken west station. If I ever go back to interlaken, I'm only staying here. Strongly recommend the place.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank srini05
Reviewed 16 June 2017

This hotel is so charming and in a quiet neighborhood. Walking distance to bars and restaurants. Spend the extra money and get one of the upper-level corner rooms with the balcony and big bathroom - totally worth it. Breakfast was classic Swiss with very good yogurt-soaked muesli. Free parking was a big plus. We'd absolutely stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank STFPortland
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

I am staying at the Hotel de la Paix.
And this afternoon,we have been delighted with listen to the owner, using an angle grinder for 2 hours right below our window, less than 10 feet away, as we are on the ground floor
This wasn't an emergency work related activity, it was just him messing around, with what looked as no idea of what he was doing.
Then after this he continued on drinking with his mates about the same distance away, it reminded me of being back in England, no regard to the fact that the guest who are staying at his hotel are paying for the privilege, it is just his playground.
Why haven't I said anything, because it will go badly, with his attitude and drinking.
It's an average place, would not stay here again and there are better hotels at the same price in interlaken, which I have found out.
Checking out in the morning.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple