“Better half board than its sister hotel”

Hotel Restaurant Wengener Hof
Ranked #22 of 33 Restaurants in Wengen
Price range: US$8 - US$50
Cuisines: International
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Get spoiled by our comfortable and light dining-room. Dinner is served from 6.30Pm to 9pm. Providing guests with an excellent cuisine is a pillar of our business. A tasty, varied 5-course menu with choice of the main courses is served, always with a vegetarian option. On Sunday evening we provide a delicious 6-course Gala Dinner, while we ensure variety by serving a special theme buffet mid-week. On request we are glad to prepare diet/allergic meals
Reviewed 10 September 2014

Hotel Wengener Hof is a more expensive sister hotel to Hotel Belvedere, the latter is where we stayed. Wengener Hof offered a discount on their half board dinner for Belvedere guests so we decided to try it to compare. Like Belvedere it was a 5 course meal with 3 entree options. The chef here though is far more artistic, with each course having sauces and/or flowers as decoration. The food also had better flavor and variety.

Like most places in Wengen the beer and wine by the glass selection was limited, but a dark beer was offered which my boyfriend hadn't seen before. Atmosphere was dated but classy, service was very good, the food I'd call above average and certainly better than the Belvedere. If the discount for Belvedere guests brought it to a price closer to the half board cost at the Belvedere, I would recommend eating here instead for all in hotel dinners.

Overall a better half board dinner that its sister hotel.

1  Thank Staubenf

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The breakfast buffet is good but would like to see more options. Did notice an over abundance of retired elderly people but that wasnt really problem. May be the menu is catered towards them? I dont know. Overall a good quality hotel.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have stayed there twice on half board and would have to say that all aspects of the hotel are excellent from the accommodation to the food and the excellent service from the staff.

Keep up the good work everyone, you are ahead of the rest.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I couldn't believe my eyes. Many of the worlds top French wines being offered at unbelievable prices in impressive verticals. Host Enzo explains the proprietor is a Bordeaux lover wanting to encourage others to indulge and explore the varietal; to do so he sells his cellar gems at the same price he paid. This made truly expensive fine wine and hard to find decade old mature vintages immensely affordable. What an amazing find. If you love wine, more so Bordeaux, this place is worth travelling half way across the world for. I can't wait to come back. Food is good at the restaurant but the draw is the wine; food needs improvement.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Wengener Hof hotel during our trip to Wengen, and decided it would be easiest, at least on our first night, to eat at the hotel. We were impressed by the quality of the food, and there was certainly plenty to fill our stomachs. The wait staff is fluent in English, and was happy to accommodate our needs. Although the dinner is brought to you, there is a salad bar set up on tables in main dining room, and the bread and baskets are located near there, so you have to leave your table for that. Our enjoyed our dinner so well that we decided to eat there again the following night. Our room included breakfast, and we were quite happy to see some traditional German fare, including meat, cheese, and rolls. If you are in the mood for cereals or eggs, they have those as well. There are seats in a portion of the restaurant that have a view. We sat in there for our meals, but I think they are generally reserved for the people who are spending long amounts of time at the hotel. There were a lot of seasonal regulars that all knew each other. We were happy to have a table with a view! All in all, a great experience.