Arosa is at the end of the line; the route up to it with its 361 or so bends is an interesting drive! The town itself is not unattractive with its lake and general sense of space, and it is well-worth taking the (free) bus on its circular tour of the town and which takes in the beautifully sited golf course with the mountains as a backdrop as well as some very good housing. The bus stop is right outside the hotel (2 buses an hour). Parking in Arosa is plentiful out of season but it is metered, with, in the centre, short maximum stays.
The hotel is very modern and very good. Reception is welcoming and helpful. Lounge room is plentiful and a wood fire burns happily. Breakfast is taken in a large, light and airy room and is excellent. Service is very efficient. The hotel boasts several restaurants and one can try them all - provided they are open which was not the case in early September. The so-called gourmet a la carte was an interesting experience with all sorts of things turning up which had not been ordered. As a gastronomic experience it was not to be repeated! Better by far were the Thai and the Trattoria which were both good and cheerful and served splendid fare. Wines by the bottle or glass were easily available as was draught beer. Bedrooms were spacious and clean; water and fruit were renewed daily. The outlook over the mountains (and garden) was beautiful and two feet of overnight snow was an unexpected bonus. Spa, saunas and pool were all good. The hotel was very quiet in early September and it needed, and deserved, a fuller house. Nevertheless the Manager and his Staff were excellent and made our stay a very enjoyable one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arosa Kulm Hotel & Alpin Spa:charming. Since 1882 - Welcome homeThe charming Arosa Kulm Hotel & Alpin Spa lies 1,850 metres above sea level, surrounded by the impressive Swiss mountain landscape in Arosa, Graubunden/Grisons. In its prime location on a slight elevation in the quiet inner part of the village and with its stylish diversity, the Hotel offers a unique Alpine atmosphere and is ideal for romantic weekends, family holidays or exceptional corporate events alike. 119 Rooms and suites, six different restaurants, two bars and six function rooms are inviting places for cosy moments, interesting meetings and culinary pleasures. There is plenty of sensuality and relaxation to be found in the alpinspa, a holistic place that embodies a unique and inspiring world of water and Alpine wellness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Arosa Kulm Hotel & Alpin Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arosa Kulm Hotel & Alpin Arosa
- Arosa Kulm Hotel And Alpin Spa