US$254
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
All reviewshalf board dinnerper nightsingle roomvillageslopesswitzerland
Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

A lovely relaxing hotel! Lovely friendly staff. Clean rooms and tasty meals! We went for the half board as its so easy to eat without having to hunt for somewhere nice! The restaurant has lovely views over the mountains!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2015

I spent one night at the Hotel Streiff, arriving in the evening in order to have a long day of skiing in the Arosa Lenzerheide ski resort.

I had a single room, the design was definitely retro, but as with most hotels in Switzerland it was spotless and comfortable. Didn't use the resolutely retro shower, but it seemed to be in perfect working order.

I took the half-board dinner, it was tasty and service was friendly and efficient. I could see that the other customers had been in the hotel for a few days already and were having a good time.

The hotel offers free shuttle to/from the train station, a very welcome service as the hotel lies far up from the train station. No need for shuttle to/from the lifts as long as there is enough snow since you can ski in/out. However do ask for the way back to the hotel; I never found it and had quite a bit of a trek back to the hotel at the end of the day.

There is a small wellness area with a sauna and a steambath. The steambath wasn't on when I went, but the sauna was nice. However there is no separate changing area with showers. I usually shower after my day on the slopes before going back home, and it was a bit awkward to shower in an open shower and do the clothes and make-up with other people sitting naked in the sauna right across the room.

The ski room is small but adequate. Just make sure your gear is stored in the ski room upstairs and not downstairs as the access to the slopes is from the hotel's roof.

I would definitely stay again at the Hotel Streiff, and I would probably appreciate it more if I stayed a few days rather than only one night. For the price, it's very good value.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Andreanne75
Reviewed 9 March 2015

The hotel was very nice and the staff very friendly. You can ski in/out from the hotel (down the road) if there is enough snow. It would be a long walk though if there is insufficient snow. The food was lovely with a 5 course meal every night. Breakfast was a bit boring although you could order boiled eggs. Our room had a lovely view of the mountains. The wifi is a little annoying as you have to keep logging into it. I would recommend staying here for a ski trip so long as there is enough snow to ski in/out.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kaslaw1
Reviewed 21 December 2014

A friend and I stayed here for two nights in late December. The three most impressive aspects of the Streiff were: the attitude of the management; the appointment and cleanliness of the rooms and the staff. Our expectations were not high, due the reasonable price of our single rooms, but in almost every regard these expectations were exceeded. Comfortable bedrooms, quiet location, considerate management, extensive breakfast menu, car parking, ski boot heaters, quaint railway carriage-style dining room with mountain views, etc. Without question, if I returned to Arosa, I'd return to Streiff. Having a car might be helpful, but probably not essential.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ishkem
Reviewed 5 October 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Hotel Streiff over one night and we had an unforgottable weekend. It is a beautiful hotel in summer and winter as well,perfect location, very helpful, polite and kind staff. The rooms are nice and clean, we got a personally, hand written welcome card and fruits. The wellness is big, nice, clean and we could relax with some nice music. In our reservation was included a 3 cours dinner. I am vegetarian and I asked the staff if I could get something without meat. They were so helpful, even offered two diffrent meals and I got a delicious home made lasagne. The breakfast buffet is also very rich and variable.
I can absolutely recommend this hotel to everyone.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple