“Fantastic!”

Ranked #4 of 204 Restaurants in Zermatt
Price range: US$15 - US$42
Cuisines: Swiss
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Description: Guests expect nothing less than top quality when visiting a Swiss cheese restaurant in a grand hotel. Naturally, "saycheese!" In the Grand Hotel Zermatterhof offers all that and more. For the restaurant's young team, "saycheese!" Is a way of life. Everyone is in a good mood. The atmosphere is relaxed. The quality of the cheese is exceptional. All of the cheeses on the menu come from the Valais region, and this of course includes the exquisite Mutschli cheese from the "Zermatter Horu" cheese dairy. The chef recommends the Zermatterhof fondue, which is served either with champagne, with winter truffles or with porcini mushrooms.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived in Zermatt today and had dinner at Say Cheese. One of the best cheese fondues I have ever had and fantastic service. Whole family had a great start to our holiday.

4  Thank ScandiAbroad

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Fun atmosphere with great bread and a lot of cheese! We had a relaxing dinner and enjoyed the experience.

4  Thank sklsanders
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Good service Waiter was very kindly. We did not make reservation and were lucky to find a table. What a surprise, Little expensive but it worth. Wanna go back. Ask for winnes from VALAIS

3  Thank Renato P
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

You might think me a bit, well... stupid... to go to a restaurant in which almost the entire menu is comprised of cheese- considering I don’t like cheese. Yet Saycheese! ended up being by far one of the best restaurants I ate at during my entire week in Switzerland for several reasons.

Firstly, the service. Our waiter, Max, was prompt and delightful, providing us with everything we needed and additional refills even before we asked for them. The dark yet cozy ambience of the restaurant added to the tremendous overall takeaway from the night.

But most importantly, the food! We enjoyed a truffle cheese fondue with white wine and fondue chinois, followed by a dessert of Toblerone fondue with fruit and, uniquely, gummy bears! From someone who does not love cheese (actually dislikes it on its own!), it means a lot when I say that the fondue was spectacular- bursting with flavor- not too sticky while not too watery. The fondue chinois was the saving grace for a non cheese-lover like me, with a hearty meat sauce paired with chicken, beef, and veal to cook in the fondue. Finally, the Toblerone fondue was a fantastic way to end the night, with a platter of fruits and candy dipped into a small bowl of hot, steaming chocolate melting in our mouths, followed by a complimentary plate of biscuits and cookies (which we decided to dip as well!).

Overall, the meal was a fantastic and unforgettable experience, one that caused even me- the enemy of all cheese- to step back for a moment and say “Oh wait!” My tastebuds were truly enlightened tonight, and I’ll be sure to SayCheese again.

3  Thank Rehamak17
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great architecture: combination of traditional wood and modern design under the old Zermatterhof. Good concept selling old wine in new barrels: we went for the traditional Zermatterhof fondue: a mild cheese fondue with the Zermatterhof house fendant: you need nothing more. As dessert we took simply a fruit tea: perfect combination after full day skiing and we slept well

4  Thank ludo001