All reviews lake geneva train station lake view perfect location corner room jazz festival free upgrade our night stay high floor amazing views reception staff room was spacious nespresso machine comfortable stay junior suite chillon castle small balcony
Reviewed 31 May 2015

WOW! I was given the option to stay in one of the corner rooms for a little bit more than the standard room and it was well worth the cost if you are into having a view! The hotel is shaped like a triangle, so each floor has 1 room that is the very corner facing all sides of the lake. This must be the very best view you can get in all of Montreux. There are 3 big windows in the bedroom area and then another huge window in the bathroom. You get a view of both sides of the city as well as the alps and Lake Geneva. There is also a nice size balcony to sit out on and soak it all in and the room is quite large for European standards. This is definitely a hotel you want to spend some time in to enjoy. I didn’t want to leave.

The location is also great, right in the center and easy to get to the train station. I used the Montreux card the hotel gave me to take the bus to chateau de Chillion and then had a lovely walk back to the hotel during golden hour.

The bathroom is dated and the room could use some updating also, but I think this might be the issue with most hotels in the area. Bed was comfortable and room was quite and clean. I’d definitely stay here again…and would recommend to everyone.

Room tip: Book a corner room for what has to be the best view in all of Montreux
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2015

wonderful surprise as we entered our spacious room. The view was magnificent. The room very spacious and comfortable. As this room was booked by our tour group I wasn't getting my hopes up but could have stayed much longer than the 3 days we were there. I would say it was the best room we had on our long trip. Great location with great walks. Staff very helpful and friendly.

Room tip: I believe all rooms have view of lake and mountains. we stayed on 6th floor.
1  Thank loray858
Reviewed 25 May 2015

Being right on the lake is the best thing about this hotel. Walking distance to train station, the palace hotel is just across the street and it's well kept. Signs of wear, could use fresh paint, older appearance. The worst thing is the horrible free breakfast. Watered down scrambled eggs, nearly raw bacon, only canned fruit, from a bag dried prunes and apricots. Absolutely the worst display of a free buffet breakfast I've ever seen in all my travels. And ,if you have a car it's 23 francs per day to park it in their lot. My advise, eat breakfast elsewhere, take the train and lug your bags down many steps to get to this hotel and save the parking fee. We had to carry our bags from the underground lot from our car and up at least 7 stairs to get to the hotel lift to our room.

Room tip: Pay the extra for a full lake view room. Your balcony projects out so you are almost directly over the edge of the lake.
Date of stay: May 2015
Reviewed 2 May 2015

Great location right on the lake, excellent views from the rooms. Got given an upgrade for free, but fairly quiet weekend. Interiors very dated, probably built late 70's/80's maybe. Could do with a refurbishment. But price wise was good, and comfortable. Could use some blackout blinds though it would be annoying in the middle of summer having so much light come through.

1  Thank MikeyMikeAus
Reviewed 28 April 2015

Lovely Hotel. Very Modern.
Lovely rooms with comfy beds.
Breakfast was superb.
Great Location in the centre of Montreux.
Ate in the restaurant which was lovely and reasonably priced.
Also good location for the railway station which is a small walk away.

3  Thank Deb879