“Delicious food and good service”
Review of Mesa

Mesa
Ranked #13 of 2,089 Restaurants in Zurich
Price range: US$30 - US$166
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our Restaurant seats up to 38 guests. We take exclusive bookings for private or business events for parties of up to 60 people. For pre-booked events of up to 16 guests we offer a private dining area on the first floor. Whether you are planning a business occasion, a casual get-together, a family celebration or a wine tasting, we are happy to assist you. Welcome at mesa!
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

We've spend a nice evening at Mesa with delicious food and great service. There were only minor hick-ups which has been corrected instantaneously. The food isn't cheap, however, fairly priced for a one star restaurant in Zurich, however, I feel the wines were more on the expensive side, even for Zurich and compared to other star-rated restaurants. Still, we plan to go back.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Sometimes I go to Zurich for some event and when I can, I try to relax with a quality dinner, this time I went to the Mesa restaurant, 1 Michelin star, the food was very well done, quality and tastes really engaging, presentation of excellent dishes , very interesting wine list, I chosefor a Pinot Noir of Burgundy that pleasantly accompanied the dishes, the service was good and careful enough, the only flaw was the environment, very noisy, often in these cases it depends on the other diners, sometimes a system of soundproofing ceiling panels helps a lot.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

usually the restaurant has a Vegan Dinner on Wednesdays. we booked the vegan dinner for friday which was no problem at all.

The atmosphere at the restaurant is nice and the tables are big. its a mixed crowd with couples. business ppl etc.
the Vegan Dinner Menu is written on a nice paper closed with a mesa sticker. so to see the menu you have to open it. you can choose between 4 and 6 courses (if I remember correctly) we took the 6 courses. it was very delicious and delicate food. you could taste the quality of the products and taste every little flavour. since it's vegan food it is very light and nothing that makes you feel very full. the only negative was that the dishes were all very small. I don't think I would make the dishes bigger but maybe make 8 courses instead of 6.

overall we had a very nice evening with great food and great wine.

I would recommend this place to vegans or non-vegans.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We appreciated the vegan options, our friends enjoyed the classical menu. All in all we liked the interior design, it’s cozy feeling, very comfortable setting, two servers were very nice. What we didn’t liked so much: the overall attitude of the person who received us and arranged the reservation was a bit snobish, the price is way too high for the food we got. We have all eaten in many nice restaurants around the world and maybe our expectations were a bit on the high side. We’ll consider trying it out again in some time and summarize our visits.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Went there after many years of absence and some changes of the Chef.
Easy going service, top notch culinary experience. We had the full menue for dinner. It all started with an amazing tomato juice - full of taste, as if I was in Italy! Each and every course was a pleasant surprise, not a single one was weak or boring. Very tasty, well cooked and presented. Lots of "never seen this before", like the Goose Ravioli - they were a masterpiece. Excellent wines by the glass, although a bit expensive...
All is very relaxed, not the usual stiff atmosphere of other high end places, very nice lady serving us. Definitely a place to go. This and Heiko Nieder from Dolder are the best of Zürich, I promise.