See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 August 2015

It's not even a hotel. It's really an apartment.

I received booking cofirmation from Expedia but upon arrival, was told by the (detached) restaurant of the same name that I needed a code to enter on the machine on the outside of the building. I had not received an email containing such a code so was forced to make a phone call to receive instructions from some (quite friendly) guy in broken English. This was not what I wanted at 10pm after a long flight.

As soon as I gained access, it became apparent that this place was not going to live up to the photographs.

To be fair, it was clean but very drab and not that well maintained. Broken shower door, damaged fiitings etc.

I would not recommend this place unless you are on a very tight budget.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2015 via mobile

It's taking 'self-service' to the extreme. This is my second night here and already I have helped two stranded couples from Korea and Australia who could not get their keys.

You MUST be in possession of the 5-digit key collection code to punch into a box next to the door (not the box at the door), to have your key drop out of it.

If you have this code, your check-in process is essentially just 5 seconds long. To check out, drop the key back in at 11am the next morning.

But if you don't have the code, you will need a working phone and call 043 255 57 57 (I mention it here because the number is actually written INSIDE the entrance... Duh!)

Once you place your booking from whatever website you use, you need to wait for an automated email FROM THE HOTEL which mentions only this 5-digit number. I suppose people do confuse this with some other confirmation code which they receive from the booking website.

Location is great. Tram number 11 takes you to the city center or take a train.

The room, well it is a €60 room (single) so manage your expectation accordingly.

I had a lovely Thai dinner at the adjoining restaurant downstairs. It cost €45, nearly what I paid for the room... LOL. But then again, this is Switzerland.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2014 via mobile

Pros: affordable price for Zurich, good location with easy connection to the main train station and airport, rooms have private bathroom.

Cons: no reception, so nobody to help if you need anything, key boxes are not very easy to use, almost no housekeeping (they occasionally change towels, nothing else. We stayed for 4 nights and there was visible dirt on bed sheets after 2nd night and nobody changed bedding), bed is very small for two people.

It's definitely worth to consider another options for you stay in Zurich, but this hotel is fine for a short stay.

Date of stay: October 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sfatkul
Reviewed 26 September 2014 via mobile

If you are new to Zurich, and need assistance/support/information on your stay, you will want to choose another hotel.

We had booked the hotel for it's wonderful price in Zurich, but failed to read all the extensive reviews until the night before. I even called the day before to get the key code, but was not told that since we booked through Expedia, our code was not the last 5 digits of our booking number. We did not have international calling on our smart phones, and like one previous reviewer, thank God another person staying at the hotel came along to help us. He called the assistance number listed on the box for us to help us get in

The room was fine, and again great for the price in Zurich. However, there was no safe in the room, which is important to us. We had read there was no elevator, so only took in the items that we needed. There was no information in the room about where to park our rental car, and asked a man on the street who lived in the area what to do with the car.

We are not fussy travelers, but learned through this experience that we do want support/reception when traveling internationally.

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2014

The good part of this hotel is the location. Very near to Oerlikon station. Tram 11 is the mode of transport around. Zurich Airport, HB both are connected via frequent trains from Oerlikon. Rooms are also OK.

Now coming to the not so good part. I don't understand how a 3 star facility won't have a reception. Moreover, there is no lift and it is very difficult if you get a room upstairs with heavy luggage. The wifi did not work for me the first day. There is a helpline number but it did not work from my phone. I notified the authority (ie virtual reception :)) but they did not care to call back and check if my net issue was solved or not.

So all in all definitely its a very cost effective proposition considering Switzerland but nothing beyond that.

Room tip: Choose a lower floor room as this hotel has no elevator
Date of stay: September 2014