See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 November 2015

We firstly arrived without knowing you needed a booking reference number to be able to get your key from a machine outside of the building. Because we have been travelling for 4 months we rely on wifi and do not have simcards. So we tried connecting to the wifi but you need to be able to receive an SMS code for the wifi code which we were not able to do. Luckily a woman came out of the building and let us use her phone otherwise I have no idea what we would of done late at night with many many bags with us.
There is also NO reception! Which is extremely annoying if you have a query you have no one to contact! There is no information in the room of things to do or anything to inform guests about the city. And the phone in the rooms don’t work.
There aren’t many restaurants / places to eat in the area. There is a Thai restaurant under the building but main meals were over 27 Franks EACH, which is ridiculous! We ended up getting takeaway Chinese across the road, where mains were 15 Franks, which still is not cheap for budget backpackers.
There is no lift, so if you are situated on the top floor this will be difficult for you!
Yes it’s cheap, if you are not fussed maybe this will be okay for you but as a backpacking couple we would of MUCH preferred a hostel! I will not be recommending this to ANYONE

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank KristyLeeB94
Reviewed 20 August 2015

We received a 5 digit pin via email to retrieve our transponder to enter into the apartment a few days after confirming our booking. It was close to a 7-minute walk from the Oerlikon train station, a stop away from Zurich HB main station. There wasn't a clear sign to the entrance of the inn, we had to ask the restaurant staff next door in order to locate the entrance.
Once at the entrance, we took about a minute to figure out the machine in order to retrieve the key as once again there was no clear instruction nor staff. The room was fine, although the toilet was a little small and the balcony was tiny with no good view whatsoever.
The most annoying part was that the Wifi password required a phone call to retrieve and as tourists for a short trip we did not purchase a phone line hence we had no access to the internet.
All in all, it was pricey for the minimum or no service at all, a clean room but no amenities nearby and requiring a train ride from Zurich train station which was slightly inconvenient.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2015

It's not even a hotel. It's really an apartment.

I received booking cofirmation from Expedia but upon arrival, was told by the (detached) restaurant of the same name that I needed a code to enter on the machine on the outside of the building. I had not received an email containing such a code so was forced to make a phone call to receive instructions from some (quite friendly) guy in broken English. This was not what I wanted at 10pm after a long flight.

As soon as I gained access, it became apparent that this place was not going to live up to the photographs.

To be fair, it was clean but very drab and not that well maintained. Broken shower door, damaged fiitings etc.

I would not recommend this place unless you are on a very tight budget.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2015 via mobile

It's taking 'self-service' to the extreme. This is my second night here and already I have helped two stranded couples from Korea and Australia who could not get their keys.

You MUST be in possession of the 5-digit key collection code to punch into a box next to the door (not the box at the door), to have your key drop out of it.

If you have this code, your check-in process is essentially just 5 seconds long. To check out, drop the key back in at 11am the next morning.

But if you don't have the code, you will need a working phone and call 043 255 57 57 (I mention it here because the number is actually written INSIDE the entrance... Duh!)

Once you place your booking from whatever website you use, you need to wait for an automated email FROM THE HOTEL which mentions only this 5-digit number. I suppose people do confuse this with some other confirmation code which they receive from the booking website.

Location is great. Tram number 11 takes you to the city center or take a train.

The room, well it is a €60 room (single) so manage your expectation accordingly.

I had a lovely Thai dinner at the adjoining restaurant downstairs. It cost €45, nearly what I paid for the room... LOL. But then again, this is Switzerland.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2014 via mobile

Pros: affordable price for Zurich, good location with easy connection to the main train station and airport, rooms have private bathroom.

Cons: no reception, so nobody to help if you need anything, key boxes are not very easy to use, almost no housekeeping (they occasionally change towels, nothing else. We stayed for 4 nights and there was visible dirt on bed sheets after 2nd night and nobody changed bedding), bed is very small for two people.

It's definitely worth to consider another options for you stay in Zurich, but this hotel is fine for a short stay.

Date of stay: October 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sfatkul