“Pleasant small cafe”

Ranked #16 of 53 Coffee & Tea in Zurich
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 4 December 2015

Very pleasant ambience, set in an easy-to-miss side street near the church of St.Peter. Limited menu but we enjoyed a toasted sandwich with our coffee

Reviewed 4 December 2015

For family, for a quick morning cofee or an early glass of wine, Cafe Weggen is a very calm and warm place to sit down after a walking tour in Zürich.

The ladies that run the place are trully lovely and the tall man is unique in style and welcoming character.

I was there twice, on my way to Berlin and back to Barcelona and after two weeks, they remembered me (even if we spoke only for 1 hour) and it was like visiting family!

Reviewed 31 May 2015

Café Weggen is run by a really beautiful lady and during my visit she was very welcoming. She was smiling to all the customers that entered the café. As the café is very small, they still offer a full menu of food from breakfast, lunch (soup, salad, beef, asparagus, schnitzel) and dinner. Overall, a surprising amount of food for such a small place.

The place has a very high ceiling with a chandelier, marble table tops and green padded booths and wooden chairs.

I had a hot chocolate (5.20CHF), which was steamed and a powdered chocolate shaped heart on the top of my cup.

It’s a really nice hidden gem that offers great service from the lady working and the kitchen serves up a full range of meals.

Reviewed 13 April 2015 via mobile

I'd been recommended to visit cafe Weggen for the hit chocolate.

I was not disappointed.

It's a lot better than the usual Coatina you get almost everywhere else in Zurich

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Located next to a quiet alley, high ceiling and oil painting on the wall. The classy decoration and the leather cover on the chair really remind one of Paris.

The owner is very friendly and there are a decent breakfast menu, lunch menu and a beautiful display full of... cheese cake. For our first visit, we had the grilled fish with a glass of rose and beef tartar. Both freshly prepared and the ingredients are melting in the mouth.

After we shared a slice of cherry cheesecake and we already decided that we are so going to be regulars.

1  Thank Jessie G