All reviews oldest vegetarian restaurant train station nespresso coffee machine excellent location old town hotel bar central location shopping area business hotel would highly recommend this hotel breakfast buffet is excellent stay minute walk beautiful city welcome drink very nice hotel nice breakfast
Reviewed 21 February 2016

I stay in the Glockenhof probably once every 6 weeks. I choose it as it is central. reasonably priced compared to other good Zurich hotels, has friendly staff, a great bar used by guests and locals, comfy beds and the rate includes a super breakfast.
But the rooms vary from what feel like trendy student rooms to something much, much better. The last time I stayed I asked for a room facing away from the street (the front of the Hotel is noisy you like an open window) and they gave me a really depressing cupboard of a room. It was really not at all nice. I was very surprised as I am such a regular customer and when asked they were uninterested or perhaps unable to move me to something better.

Room tip: beware - some rooms are tiny!
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank foxbat
Reviewed 17 February 2016

This is my third time at the glockenhof and they are getting better. I had small issues in the past but this time it was perfect. Check in and out is very fast and overall service is excellent. Rooms are very spacious and the breakfast has all you need. The free wifi was very good. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Hotelier03, Geschäftsführer at Glockenhof Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2016

Dear guest
Thank you for your lovely review and the 5 star score you gave us. I am very pleased to hear that the hotel fulfilled all your expectations.

I hope there are many more visits to come.

Reviewed 27 December 2015 via mobile

I was impressed with the hotel for the value I got, the staff were great and Zurich is a beautiful city to visit.

However I had an issue with the air con in my room! It had mind of is own and wouldn't turn off, even when the keycard was taken out of the door!

Just be wary of you are a light sleeper.

The food at the restaurant is great by the way. Push to get a bigger room with larger windows.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Hotelier03, Manager at Glockenhof Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2016

Dear guest
We appriciate the comments you have offered regarding your recent stay at the Glockenhof. I hope that you mentioned the problem with the air con to our staff and that we were able to help you.
We hope to have an opportunity of hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 27 December 2015 via mobile

Excellent location in Sihlstrasse, within walking distance from Bahnhofstrasse and the trams. The rooms are minimistically decorated, coffee/tea station in the room, as well as a mini bar. The breakfast buffet is excellent with a wide variety of fruit, pastries, cheese and hot buffet. The concierge desk was very helpful in planning our day trips and the staff in general were friendly and helpful. Special thank you to the hotel management for arranging birthday surprise for my son at breakfast.

Great idea to buy Zurich pass to give you access to trams, cruise on the lake and the train to Uetliberg.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank KobieMarie

Dear guest
Thank you for your recent review following your stay at the Glockenhof. I am glad to hear that you felt very well looked after by the entire team and that you have very much enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 December 2015 via mobile

Centrally located, less than ten minute walk from main train station. All main attractions about 30 min walks, less by tram. Hotel staff friendly and attentive. Room clean and modern. Morning buffet breakfast good and varied. Dinner at restaurant was good, prices comparable to others in the area which are on the high side but Zurich is not cheap so that seems the norm.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank rocaclimber
Hotelier03, General Manager at Glockenhof Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2015