“Great location, great staff, great hotel!”
Review of Hotel Glockenhof

Hotel Glockenhof
Ranked #23 of 138 Hotels in Zurich
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I visit Zurich often for business and usually stay at another property, but on this occasion, my brother was joining me for the weekend so I thought I would look for a hotel in a more central location. I am so happy I did this as I found my new favorite hotel in Zurich!

The Glockenhof is in a perfect location...right in the downtown area, near the shopping, nightclubs, old town, and more. The rooms are not huge, but very comfortable and clean. The front desk staff was very professional and friendly (not typical in Zurich).

The breakfast was typical European, served in an elegant dining room. The service was very good.

One of the highlights of this hotel is the garden courtyard. Every night at the property, I would sit in this beautiful garden, away from the noise of the city, and enjoyed a drink (yes, the bar serves outside as well).

For vegetarians...Hiltl is directly across the street so very convenient for meals.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank michael_in_irvine
Hotelier03, Manager at Hotel Glockenhof, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear guest

Thank you for your kind comments and for taking time to give us some feedback. What a wonderful summary of your stay at the Glockenhof. I hope that we have now become a top choice for you whenever you visit Zurich.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Glockenhof

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Stayed at this hotel twice. Both times were great. Rooms are very clean and staff is super friendly. The only complain I have is that there is no fitness center in the hotel and have to pay a daily fee for the gym down the block.

Stayed: July 2017

Dear guest

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay with us at our property. I am glad to read that the majority of your stay was a positive experience.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Hotel Glockenhof is a beautiful City Hotel near the Bahnhofstraße and the lake. Our Room was clean, large and nicely designed. The staff is very children and dog friendly. Good breakfast buffet and coffee.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear guest

Thank you for your lovely review and the 5 star score you gave us.
We hope to have an opportunity of hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

This hotel is an easy flat 10 minute walk down Bahnhofstrasse from Zurich Hauptbahnhof. Located just of the main street in a very quiet location this very neat hotel is very welcoming with the check in staff being very friendly and helpful and obliging, and also allowing us to check in early (bonus!). The room was very spacious with a nice little balcony with a nice bathroom with a unique curtain feature that opens up to the whole room! A complimentary drink and the bar out the front of the hotel and a 20% hotel restaurant discount were given to us and were happily used. This is a really nice quaint hotel which I would thoroughly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil A
Hotelier03, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Glockenhof, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear guest

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay with us at our property. I am glad to hear that you felt very well looked after by the entire team and that you have very much enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a few nights with two children and we were very comfortable. Nicely appointed room. Comfortable walking distance to everything. There is a Coop market across the street if you want something less expensive to eat. The staff was very friendly. The bar and restaurant are really
Lovely

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer H

Dear guest

Thank you for your kind comments and for taking time to give us some feedback. I am very pleased to hear that the hotel fulfilled all your expectations.
Hopefully we have the opportunity to welcoming you back real soon.