All reviews enge station football museum business hotel nice hotel balcony door nice balcony coffee machine old town business district within walking distance convenient location excellent location hotel is located rooms are comfortable would stay again reception area reception staff
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed several times at this hotel and the rooms are good quality. The beds are very comfy and I never found it noisy. It doesn't have a gym but you can easily run along the lake. The best thing is that the hotel is next to a train station which connects to most places in and around Zurich.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Hotel_Ascot, Manager at Hotel Ascot, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Dear guest Pascal M

Thank you very much for taking the time and write such a nice review about our Hotel.

We sincerely hope to have you back at the Ascot in the near future.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is well located, clean, WiFi works well etc. A pretty good business hotel.

The corridor ceilings are a bit low and claustrophobic and the walls very thin so you wake with your neighbours. Breakfast a bit slow

I would go back if it made sense but not go out of my way

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear Gues NMMJ

Thank you very much for posting a review about your recent stay with us.

The team and I would be pleased to welcome you back to the Ascot soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Arrived late due to the flight in being delayed and on check-in was told that the key producing machine was playing up so got a proper key given to me. When I arrived at my room found that the electronic key was needed to turn on the light so had to return to reception. In the meantime my colleague had got to his room to find that someone else's bag was in the room, he also returned to reception to be given a different room which later was changed yet again by the management.

After that inauspicious start we both had a good stay - staff were as friendly and helpful as they could be and breakfast was OK rather than great.

The rooms did not seem to have AC and for me the room was too hot with no real chance of cooling it off.

However there is a chance to see football celebrities if you are in the right place at the right time, but there are no guarantees.

Overall a reasonable hotel handy for the station and with good connections to the main town. Worth a try if you can get the right deal

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest Owly50

Thank you very much for your friendly review.

I'm sorry to read, that your check-in did not go as it should. Thank you for bringing this up, I will look into this with my front office team.

I'm very pleased to read that you and your colleague had, after all, a good stay Hotel Ascot.

My Team and I would be very pleased to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Location: Perfect.
Bahnhof Enge is right across the street and the streetcar # 6 stops right in front of the hotel and connects directly to Zurich Main Station.
Sleep quality: Excellent
The bed is very comfortable and I did not hear a single sound of the other guests.
Ambiance: a bit on the sterile side
While the lobby feels comfy, the hallways to the rooms have a bit of a motel feeling.
Rooms: Nice
Spotlessly clean, well heated in February and just spacious enough. Fridge & espresso maker are a nice touch.
Service: Fabulous & Friendly
Both at the front reception & at breakfast
Price: Expensive
The regular room rates are quite high. Yes, breakfast is included, but the latter might be good, but certainly is not overwhelming.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Hotel_Ascot, Manager at Hotel Ascot, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Dear guest None of Y

Many thanks for posting such a friendly review about your recent stay at Hotel Ascot.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was friendly and helpful.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Ascot in the near future.

R&D Manager

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Friendly welcome, English language spoken and understood well. Easy proximity to transport and a nice walk to Zurichsee and Bahnhofstrasse. Spacious room, compact bathroom but still ample size. In-room Nespresso coffee machine a nice touch. Room was quiet and bed comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear guest chriskempnz

Thank you so much for your friendly feeback about our Hotel and the location of it.. We trully hope to welcome you back soon.

R&D Manager