US$198
US$174
Novotel
  • Pool
Mercure Stoller Zurich(Zurich)(Great Value!)
US$117
Mercure
  • Restaurant
H+ Hotel Zuerich(Zurich)(Great Value!)
US$140
Hotel Alexander(Zurich)
Free cancellation until 03/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$207
  • Breakfast included
US$104
  • Restaurant
ibis Zurich City West(Zurich)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$146
US$131
  • Room Service
Bristol Hotel Zurich(Zurich)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$290
US$203
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$229/night.

1,484 results
All reviewscity centrehealth clubtram stationletzigrund stadiumbusiness hotelnice hotelfitness centerpublic transportationnice roomhotel is locatedrooms are smallmini barbusiness trippillowschfconciergemigros
Reviewed 17 January 2011

There are many good things about this hotel. The public areas were tidy and well kept, the staff were universally efficient and helpful and the food was fine (if slightly overpriced even for Zurich). But I really liked the pool and spa and for me it was the highlight of the hotel.

I would have given this hotel the full 5 stars if it wasn’t for issues with the room. I was expecting it to be small, which is fair enough in such an expensive city. The Standard room (1242) was furnished in the contemporary style to be found in the picture on the hotel website and I found it attractive and comfortable. However, the room was too warm when I first arrived and the air conditioning wasn’t working. Someone from maintenance came (promptly) to the room and told me that the air conditioning was switched off in winter and that opening the windows was the only way of cooling the room. So I kept the windows open throughout my stay and the room temperature was then OK, although not ideal from a security point of view.

The other problem with the room was the flat screen television that was mounted on the wall above seated eye level. Now, anyone with a flat screen TV knows that it should ideally be viewed from straight ahead. not at an angle. I purchased a pay film and found that the contrast at the top of the screen was so poor when viewing the TV from a seated position that I occasionally had to stand up to see what was going on.

As for the bathroom, again it was attractively contemporary and clean. As others have pointed out, it’s impossible not to soak the floor when using the large shower head. In addition, the wash hand basin lacked a plug and I almost lost a contact lens in it. But my biggest gripe with the bathroom was the ineffective flush and I often had to flush the toilet at least twice. A toilet brush would have been very helpful.

Overall this is a very good hotel that is getting everything right in terms of service and I would happily stay here again. It’s just puzzling that my otherwise comfortable room seemed to have a few basic design issues.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Cr0wnePlazaZurich, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your extensive feedback! Comments of our guest help us to improve our service constantly, therefore, we appreciate it very much, that you took your precious time to inform us about your impressions.
We are pleased, that you have enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Zurich. We would like to ensure you, that both your positive inputs and fair comments are important for us. Based on feedbacks of our guests we have already adapted some design alterations in our newly renovated rooms in our garden wing.
Thanks to the perfect isolation ability of our guest room windows, the rooms keep the heat. We are keen to optimize the temperature and hope to meet the needs of our guests.
The flat screen TV can be moved to the left and to the right but effectively not up and down. Our management has been informed about your feedback.
We would like to inform you, that there is a plug in all bathrooms. Should you miss it next time, kindly inform our house keeping team and you will receive a new plug promptly.
It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again in Zurich soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2011

I've found the Crowne Plaza in Zurich to be a very nice hotel to stay in - frankly, I can't find any fault with either the room (I usually get a superior room, facing the courtyard in the 1*** building), or the common areas of the hotel. The staff has always been extremely friendly and helpful, and the rate we get as a part of the corporate rate plan is eminently reasonable for such a hotel. Yes, the rooms are not the largest, but they are very nicely appointed, and I've found them to be OK for a weeks stay.
If I would have two "complaints" with regards to the hotel, one would be that I would very much welcome some variety in the restaurant menus - in the past 3 months, I must have gone through every dish on offer - and the other one would be that the housekeeping staff occasionally start doing their work with extreme zeal at 8.15am or earlier. If you knock and say "housekeeping", it is customary to wait if anyone answers. Lock your rooms if you don't want to scare the ladies!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Cr0wnePlazaZurich, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2011

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for writing a comment about the Crowne Plaza Zurich! Since it is our philosophy to improve our services constantly, the feedbacks of our guests deliver very valuable inputs for us. Thank you also for your accolades concerning our team, rooms and prices.
In reference to the “complaints”, we would like to inform you, that we change the menus of our restaurants three times in a year and additionally offer seasonal menus every two month. We are very sorry to read, that you did not have enough choice. Please be ensured, that you will find new menus during your next stay. We have just introduced our new menus a week ago. Both of our two restaurants as well as our hotel bar offer different menus and attractive alternatives.
Our housekeeping staff has been informed about your feedback as well. We will take action immediately to improve our service.
We appreciate your loyalty as our guest very much and are looking forward to welcoming you in Zurich soon!

Reviewed 31 December 2010

Location is not on tourist route but there're a lot good things with the hotel. Staff were friendly. Room very modern, clean and bedding very comfortable. I was impressed with the blind system and the amenitites provided. There're even something to help guest sleep provided (some nasal drops). Breakfast were expensive so we didn't try.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Cr0wnePlazaZurich, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind feedback! We are pleased to read, that you have enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Zurich! Your positive comments have been forwarded to our team.
We would like to inform you, that there is a set in all rooms providing two premium aroma therapy products, as part of our Sleep Advantage Program. Since the environment of the hotel room (such as light, noise, smell, temperature, comfort and security) can have a big impact on your sleep, we offer an aroma therapy spray for the pillows. Additionally, you will find a roll-on product in the aroma therapy set for external use (on the temples).
Our lavish breakfast buffet is offered for a rate corresponding to the breakfast prices of comparable hotels in Zurich.
Once again, thank you for taking your valuable time to report on us! It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 13 December 2010

I stayed in the Crowne Plaza, Zurich for 3 nights in December 2010 as I was visiting the city on a business trip. The hotel is spotlessly clean, has an excellent restaurant and friendly staff. To get to the city centre is easy with the tram system almost at the doorstep. The hotel has an excellent leisure club which (although the gym' is only manned from 8am to 10pm) can be used at any time by residents as the reception staff will arrange to open it for you. The main plus points are the friendly staff, the excellent restaurant (dinner as well as breakfast) and a decent gym. The only downside was the noise from the nightwatchman on a building site at the back of the hotel. He seemed to make as much noise as he could from 5am onwards. That aside my visit to the city was enhanced by the Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Cr0wnePlazaZurich, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2010

Dear Guest

We are delighted to read your exceedingly positive feedback. Thank you for taking your precious time to write about the Crowne Plaza Zurich! We are very happy to learn about your pleasant stay at our hotel and gladly forward your friendly comments to our team.
It would be a pleasure for us to be your host in Zurich again. Please be ensured, that we will do our utmost to provide you with a first class service during your next stay as well.

Reviewed 24 November 2010

The reception on arrival was fantastic. Very friendly staff who spoke excellent English greeted us and told us of the amenities offered etc. Our room was as described and met our needs perfectly. I have noted that some tourists complained about the location but not us. The public transport was fantastic (the best we found throughtout Europe)and within a very short walk you can be on the tram into the centre of what is a very exciting city. We just loved this place and the friendly staff throughout made it a pleasure to stay there.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Triptrap48
Cr0wnePlazaZurich, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Zurich, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2010

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your positive comments about our hotel, guest service and location! We appreciate very much, that you took your precious time to report about your experiences at the Crowne Plaza Zurich and are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your nice accolade has been shared with our staff.
Please rest assured that we will continue to do our utmost in serving you and delivering consistent service. We are grateful that we did exceed your expectations and are looking forward welcoming you back in Zurich very soon.