All reviews opera house great location old town rooftop bar lovely hotel stadelhofen station small balcony welcome drink nespresso coffee machine perfect stay within walking distance hotel restaurant would definitely stay here again two blocks bed was very comfortable rooms are nice single room
Reviewed 28 February 2016

Traveling for business in Zürich, my recent second visit met all of my expectations from my first visit in 2015. I've always booked a single room, which is an efficiency with an en suite bath. I love this hotel as while the rooms are small, the amenities are first class luxury. HD TV, very comfortable adjustable bed with high quality linens and the bath is immaculate and supplied with high end soaps and thick plush towels.

I ordered room service one night and the staff was quick, professional and friendly.

I slept very well as the hotel is very quiet. Not once was I disturbed by any noises. I took a note to myself to set my alarm clock as I could easily sleep in (no joke).

I'll be coming back to this hotel many times for all the reasons above!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Rudolf_Zehnder, General Manager at Small Luxury Hotel Ambassador, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2016

Dear “Jim G”

Wow, I am thrilled about your lovely review about your recent stay at our Small Luxury Hotel Ambassador.

It is a pleasure to read that you were so happy and enjoyed all our amenities and services during your business trip to Zurich.

We would like to thank you for your compliments about the room, our high standard beds, room service and especially about our friendly and professional staff. I will be happy to forward your feedback to them.

I am already looking forward to welcome you again in our boutique hotel to make your next stay even more memorable as the last one.

Reviewed 25 February 2016

very nice welcoming including glass of champaign and cozy room. Beds are very comfortable with remote control to pull up either your back or you feet. Apples available both in the lobby and in the room for a heathy snack at any time. Breakfast is easy and very well presented.

Room tip: I had a bright corner room with a nice room over the Opera
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear “pallaria”

Thank you very much for this lovely comment about our Small Luxury Hotel Ambassador.

I am happy to hear that you felt welcome in our hotel as well as you enjoyed sleeping in our beds of high quality and special comfort. I would also like to thank you for your positive feedback about our Swiss breakfast buffet and it is nice to read that you liked our apple of the month.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you soon back in Zurich. Maybe next month, to try a new type of Swiss apples.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

Really enjoyed this boutique hotel. Cool design and functional room. Bed was comfy and shower was good. Location is great for a small, walking city. Staff was strong and helped me adjust my reservations and point us in the right direction. I would stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear „Matt1109“

Wow, thank you for this lovely comment about your stay at our Small Luxury Hotel Opera.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us so much, and that everything met your needs. It is a pleasure to read that you liked our design, the location in the city center and you feld comfortable in your room.

We will be happy to forward your compliments to our helpful and friendly front desk staff.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you again in Zurich in the near future.

Reviewed 7 February 2016

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel during my recent stay in Zurich. My room was great and very clean, and I found the staff to be extremely helpful and friendly. This hotel is also in a great location for tourists.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Rudolf_Zehnder, Manager at Small Luxury Hotel Ambassador, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2016

Dear “Nicole L”

It is wonderful to read, that you enjoyed your stay at our Small luxury Hotel lAmbassador so much.

I would like to thank you for this lovely feedback. I am very pleased that you liked your room and were happy with the friendly service provided by our staff. We will be pleased to forward your positive comment to them.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you again in Zurich, maybe next time as a leisure guest who will have the time to explore the city and enjoy the hotel even more.

Reviewed 4 February 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for a business meeting. Check-in was ok and I immediately knew that the senior staff was experienced and helpful

Entered the room and got a shock. It's small and I've stayed in small rooms before. But the Single bed took me by surprise. Never saw one in my 15 years of business travel. All good hotels have double, queen or king beds. Or so I thought. The rest of the furniture looked 100 years old and the bathroom equally tiny. The shower head was a little fiddly to use

Location is ok, being near the opera house and train station. Went to the "famous" Sternen grille, Titbits cafe and Sprungli confectionary but not impressed

No gym in the hotel and there's a February promotion for free entry to a gym 200m away. Shouldn't it be a permanent promotion?

Ate at the hotel restaurant and wrote a separate review

Trip type: Travelled on business
Rudolf_Zehnder, General Manager at Small Luxury Hotel Ambassador, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2016

Dear „bcheong“

Thank you for having taken the time to write us a review about your stay in our Small Luxury Hotel Ambassador.

Regarding your comment about the room: We are sorry to hear that the room did not meet your expectations. Next to the cheapest room category with single bed our hotel offers also single rooms with queen bed or double rooms for single use. Our front desk would be pleased to help you with choosing the perfect room for you at your next visit.

It is correct that we have no fitness center at the hotel as the building is part of the former Uto Castle which is a historically protected building, with special construction restrictions. In the winter months the entrance to the gym was offered from the hotel as a gift to our guests. The rest of the year we are able to offer our guests a special reduction at the nearby fitness center.

However we would be very pleased to welcome you once back at our Hotel Ambassador and hope you to give us a second chance.