“The Art of Chicken”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2017

The best tasting chicken I've ever eaten! But at Emilio it's not only the main dish which is outstanding, also the side dishes come on an exceptionally high level and taste delicious.
In the end, the owner and his team are very attentive and most approaching. Highly recommendable!

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

We stopped by for lunch. It's a limited menu. The staff was welcoming and attentive.

Both of us ordered the half chicken - as it was recommended by our server. 43 CHF each.

Came with a iceberg mediocre salad that had too much vinegar tasting. 2/5

Then the chicken came in 2 portions. Normally I love me some deep fried crispness but after the initial taste, the chicken was salty.

The chicken is really small. And the Spanish rice was also salty. It was so unappealing that I got the fries instead - which was better.

The noodle in butter is just that- crispy noodles covered in butter 2/5.

So - salty, oily small portions of chicken 2/5. We left still hungry and dissatisfied - we had to get more food after.

Our lunch was about 100 chf - It was one of the most underwhelming, expensive lunches we've had of salty dishes.

Wouldn't return here.

Reviewed 12 February 2017

We had heard about the chicken of this restaurant and decided to give it a try on a weekend night. The restaurant was half booked and the service staff was plenty, but still not very fast. We decided to have the roasted chicken with fries and the paella. Each dish is around 60 CHF, which I consider too expensive (and I have lived in Zurich 10+ yrs). Wine list is nice, with almost only Spanish wines. The markup on the wines is very high and often 4-5 x Swiss retail price. The food was good, but certainly not amazing.

1  Thank Donald v
Reviewed 11 January 2017

Was not sure what to expect when I was told to order the chicken - "it's the best" my friend whispered. After all, I have eaten lots of chicken cooked in various styles. But when my order came, it certainly lived up to the praises and recommendations. Crispy skin, tender and juicy meat. Most satisfying meal for sure. I have no clue how the chicken, the french fries and spinach that I ordered got anything to do with the Spanish gastronomy (considering this is a Spanish restaurant) but it matters little when the food and service is this good. The seafood paella my friend ordered was really tasty as well. The portion would also satisfy those with big appetite. A good dining option when in Zurich.

Reviewed 10 December 2016

We have not been to Emilio for a very long time. It has been an institution im Zurich for decades. Now we were invited by friends to join them for dinner. The restaurant is not very spacious. Tables are close together and I felt a little bit caged. It's rather loud, too. The atmosphere is old fashioned, but okay. It is said that the fried chicken they serve is the best in town. We all had it with french fries and spinach. It was well fried and tasted buttery, but it was a little bit on the dry side. Service overall was friendly but our waiter brought us 4 chicken instead of the 3 ordered. Same with the tea. Not a disaster, mind you, but nevertheless a little cumbersome. We shall be back but not in the too nearest future. Chicken can be cooked at home rather easily in a very good quality and at a much better price, too. The restaurant is not cheap....