“What happened with the servicelevel of this place?”

Restaurant Parkzicht
Reserve with
Restaurant Parkzicht is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 446 Restaurants in Eindhoven
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2017

On a regular basis we visit this place; for a drink, lunch, deserts or extended dinner. We like it a lot: a much higher service than you would expect with the prices of this restaurant. We normally feel very welcome and experience great service. That is why we booked a special setting for our wedding in this place and reserved the 'Herenkamer' weeks beforehand. But the service on the day was totally different: it took about one hour to serve the soup, drinks were irregularly served (only when we asked for it), dirty dishes were only removed when we asked for it. Personnel said 'it was busier than we expected, that is why it takes longer. To end it all, the owner almost forced us to pay for 1 person extra, although we already mentioned at arrival that due to circumances this person could not make it. The respons from him was 'we counted on that person, so you got to pay'. At the end, another employee deducted this extra person from the bill.
Overall a very disappointing visit and very disappointing that the start of our weddingplanning was screwed up by the service.

NickyvWestenbrugge, Eigenaar at Restaurant Parkzicht, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Edwin,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience in our restaurant. My apologies for a belated respons on your review, I have been on maternity leave.
The service was below our standards and this is not something you may expect from us. It sounds like an evening on which the team was overwhelmed with many extra guests. Nevertheless, you should have received the service you are used to!
The owner (me and my husband) were not present so it must have been someone else who asked you to pay the extra person. We usually never make a fuss about one person more or less so I am sure this employee made a mistake. I am happy to see that it has been reducted on the same evening.
I hope you have not given up on us and gave / will give us another chance.
Please email me directly for a special offer; nicky@hotelparkzicht.nl
Thank you in advance. Looking forward to see you again.

Team Parkzicht
Nicky van Westenbrugge

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

We really appreciated our dinner at Parkzicht's, their dishes are a good deal between Dutch tradition and creativity. The service is kind and fast. The prices are surprisingly cheaper than expected, in relation to the quality of food. Strongly recommended!

1  Thank Emanuele M
Reviewed 26 July 2016

I ate here a few times, lunch and dinner, while staying in the hotel. Good food and very well priced.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

Ate here once with colleagues sitting on the terrace - lovely view to the park. Also ate once solo inside, nice feeling there as well.
Good food, good service. Recommended!

1  Thank mlj-fin
Reviewed 15 June 2016

For my 50th birthday I invited my dearest friends to join a High Tea at Parkzicht. And it was wonderful! We got a table outside in a quiet, private corner, what we really appreciated. The staff was great and very attentive. Lots of teas to choose from and for those who preferred coffee, this was also no problem. The high tea itself was as a high tea should be. First delicious tomato soup followed by 4 yummie mini sandwiches. The next round was a mixture of sweet pastry like macarons, amazing cheesecake and muffins with jam and clotted cream. Really a recommendation!

NickyvWestenbrugge, Eigenaar at Restaurant Parkzicht, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words. We highly appreciate you took the time to leave your review. Looking forward to your next visit.
Kindest regards,