“A timeless classic”

Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Neighbourhood: Jordaan
Neighbourhood: Jordaan
Reviewed 18 October 2017

La Tertulia was my first coffeeshop adventure in Amsterdam nearly 30 years ago and it is still my favorite hangout in Amsterdam. It's a timeless classic neighborhood relaxing place to enjoy a chat, a smoke or simply a fresh squeezed orange juice. It's always my first stop when in Amsterdam.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

KO! Went to this place as a group of four. Two of us had cakes, one had a waffle and the other just smoked. I don't know if it was because we did not eat a massive lunch before eating the cake/waffle or something like that; but three of us became immobile. Our friend who ate the waffle became stuck on the one of their chairs because we was to high to move. The staff were helpful in his state, with advise. He managed to move 20 minutes after they shut, so I feel the staff were accommodating. Overall the experience of the shop was good, with some funky decor. If you are going to do edibles make sure you don't eat to much or on a empty stomach!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

we visited this coffeeshop a couple of times while we stayed in amstwrdam. Its totally diferent from other commercial coffeeshops. Kind owners and staff, delicious herbal teas, great soundtrack and an incredible atmosphere. We were lucky and the weather was nice so we enjoyed their terrace. Must visit

1  Thank silverhawks86
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We visited numerous coffeeshops in Amsterdam but this was the nicest of them all.
Its got a great relaxing atmosphere which is mainly due to the owners and the amount of flowers and flora places all around the place.

Hot drinks were above the average coffeeshop level.
The place has an outside area and even though it has 2 floors, its quiet and perfect for a smoking break.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

Having not smoked for years and with a partner who had never smoked before, I was very nervous about choosing a location to stop at. After looking up a number of places, finding some too crowded and off putting we decided to stop at La Tertulia. I found the staff to be incredibly helpful and understanding giving lots of great tips. Everything was reasonably priced and the location was fantastic, away from the busy streets further into the city. We visited a couple of times that day having been made incredibly comfortable.

The cafe was clean and very spacious, my only complaint would be that it looks a little dated and the furniture worn. I would certainly visit this place again and encourage anybody else to do so as well.

1  Thank TheDanseMacabre