Kuwadro B&B
NH Amsterdam Museum Quarter(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$152
NH Hotels
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

US$225
US$197
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$149
CrownePlaza.com
US$322
US$242
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$98
US$382
US$249
NH Hotels
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$144
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$168/night.

WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$100
  • Pool
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$158
ibis
US$447
US$434
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$514/night.

All reviewstop floornespresso coffee machinegreat wifithe heart of the cityenjoy amsterdamevery morningperfect locationtrain stationbalconyapartmentfridgebedroomstairshostsaccommodationnoise
Reviewed 7 August 2015

I am sure this is a great establishment. But I would not know.

When I showed up at 1 pm the day I had booked, I was told my reservation had been canceled. It was news to me.

Despite their claim to have tried contacting me, I never received any contact from them prior to being turned away. Two weeks later, and I still have not yet seen any e-mails, received no voicemail messages, and seen no missed calls on my phone from them.

Although there was a credit card issue which appeared only after my booking had been made, it was made through a third party site which confirmed the reservation, knew of the issue, and had my correct card information and contact info on file. Contacting the booking company would have resolved the problem. Yet this hotel does not seem to have done that either; as late as the 5th of August the reservation has yet to be officially canceled. (They thought I had stayed at this place.)

The only “help” this establishment gave me in finding a hotel room was the suggestion that I “go check with the place next door and see if they have any rooms.” I ended up finding a hotel in the general vicinity of Schipol Airport, which required an hour of transit time each way. It turns out central Amsterdam in late July has no same day, open rooms for less than about $700 a night.

My advice to this establishment is NEVER DO THIS AGAIN. Cancelling a reservation without first establishing actual contact with a client is a bad idea. (Claiming to send an e-mail and not receiving a reply does not qualify as "contact".) If you happen to lose one night's booking, it is better than having bad reviews in a business that relies on good press and the positive views of the clientele.

My advice is to anyone wanting to stay here is to reconfirm your reservation at this establishment with them before you go, no matter how it was made. As I said, it's probably a great place. But having a reservation confirmed by a booking company by itself is apparently not enough to guarantee a room; at least it was not in my case. The next time I go to Amsterdam, however, I will be sure to find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
kuwadro, Owner at Kuwadro B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2015

Dear Gannon,

Thank you for leaving your comments here on TripAdvisor, we truly appreciate both positive and negative feedback so we can constantly work on improving our property and services.

You booked a room through a third party site by providing an invalid credit card details. We notified you 3 times by email, sent sms and tried calling the number you provided but you never responded to our request to provide a valid credit card. We waited several days before cancelling your reservation, more than the 24 hours required under the rules with the third party site. Since we do not have any guarantee of your reservation and your check in date was fast approaching, we do not have any other choice but to cancel your reservation and open the dates for other clients.

For security reasons, third party sites do not provide credit card details of guests by calling or contacting them directly. It has to be done through proper channels, ie guest has to update his reservation himself by providing a valid credit card details on the third party booking site or provide this information directly to the establishment.

We have a strict reservation/cancellation policy. This also applies to third party sites. We only rent out 1 or 2 rooms, and losing business through no shows or having an invalid credit card has a big impact on the business as a whole. That means we are losing 50% or 100% of our business if guests do not show up.

Again, our since apologies for the inconvenience it has caused you. Do please let us know should travels ever bring you back to Amsterdam. We would be happy to accommodate you in our establishment.

Kind regards,
Johnny & Goran

Reviewed 4 July 2015

Within easy walking distance to everything including the central train station. We stayed in the front room of the B&B which was clean and roomy. You served your owned breakfast which you could do in your own time.Only criticism was trying to negotiate the three levels of stairs particularly at night as the stairwells were not well lit and the stairs are quite steep

Room Tip: Would not recommend this place if you have mobility issues otherwise it meets your basic needs.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gerardandkaren
Reviewed 19 May 2015

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 11 May 2015

Conveniently located in the hub of all the excitement. 5-10 minutes walk from the Amsterdam Central Station, and just a street away from the infamous red light district. Food can be found just a few steps away from the entrance, and a few awesome pastry shops are just around the corner. Very nice host whom introduced us to what's around the area and worth checking out. Wifi is provided as well!

Strongly recommended! One thing to note however, will be the steep flights of stairs (3 levels to be exact), so it would be of a little hassle if you have a big luggage.

Room Tip: The backroom consists of a double bed, and is pretty cosy!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Henrytjr
Reviewed 27 April 2015

The B&B is perfectly located in the centre of Amsterdam. The larger bedroom, which we used was great, although this was above the street which occasionally suffered noise from the street below. The kitchen is very well appointed and the supplied diy breakfasts more than adequate with excellent gas hob, microwave, fridge, coffee and tea making facilities. Our host was very attentive and provide lots of info and looked after us very well.

Room Tip: Front bedroom for space and airiness, back bedroom for quietness
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple