2,945 results
All reviewsthe red light districtflying dutchmanbutler servicehermes toiletriesrestaurant bridgesluxury roomjunior suitedam squareturn down servicewonderful hotelfive star hotelcanal viewthe heart of the citythe location is perfectnespresso machineanne frank housevan gogh museum
Reviewed 20 April 2016

One of the best places to stay in Amsterdam. The former town hall still has "the atmosphere". We wandered a bit through the building and the garden (almost ready for the outside season!) and enjoyed this very much.
Our room was cosy and complete. The wooden details as well as the furniture very in style.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Remco-SLTG, General Manager at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2016

I am delighted to read of what an excellent stay you had and thank you for sharing your experience of The Grand on TripAdvisor.
Indeed our inner garden is now ready for the outside season...I guess it is now only a matter of waiting for better weather...

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam. I very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed in many hotels around the world but I have to say this is probably one of the best I've stayed in. Can't fault it all. The staff are extremely friendly and can't do enough for you. The location is fantastic, really comfortable and very clean rooms. Superb!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review. Thank you also for choosing The Grand for your recent stay in Amsterdam and I am thrilled you had such an enjoyable experience.

I also hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

Top class. From the historic and impressive building, to excellent customer service and on to wonderfully equipped and furnished rooms, this hotel is outstanding. Very welcoming (even given the usually clunky Accor check in process) with a delightful reception area and library bar adjacent. Very impressive restaurant and communal areas and a picturesque and relaxing outdoor area. The rooms are of a very high standard: roomy, well thought out, excellent standard of decoration. Some have canal views which is very welcome. The hotel is central – 1 minute from Dam Square and you can pretty much to anywhere from here. Within a few minutes you will be able to find really fun bars, which are not operated with tourist in mind but are very welcoming, and good restaurants. Easily the best Sofitel I have stayed in and a real find. The gym is a little underwhelming but that is a rare downside to this first class hotel.

Room Tip: Junior suites and suites are very roomy and comfortable
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam on Tripadvisor. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your room, our restaurant and thought our staff delivered excellent customer service.
Should we decide to renovate the gym in the future, we will for sure take your comment into consideration.

It is always a pleasure to welcome you back and we hope to see you again soon.

Thank you for your continued support of Sofitel.

Reviewed 19 April 2016

After an easy journey this hotel was a reasonable walk from the central station. Set in a quiet courtyard next to a beautiful canal but near all the usual tourist, cultural and transport locations.
We were upgraded to a junior suite which was a lovely surprise, room was on the fourth floor and contained the most luxurious bathroom, wonderfully comfortable bed and great views of the Amsterdam skyline.
We did not eat at the hotel but believe the Bridges restaurant is one of the top eating establishments in Amsterdam. We can vouch for the bar though which served very good cocktails and nuts!

Room Tip: Fourth floor is great
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

It is lovely to read of what an enjoyable stay you had with us, and in Amsterdam. Thank you for sharing your experience with a wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

The Sofitel Legend The Grand is rather a special place, made so by the staff and guests alike. I am delighted you had such a great time and only hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Many thanks again for choosing The Grand.

Reviewed 18 April 2016

The training and cordiality of the staff at the Sofitel Grand Legend was beyond compare and we will be staying at many, many Accor hotels during the next several years.
During our stay in Amsterdam, I had a bicycle accident and had to undergo surgery on my elbow. The hotel went to every extreme to make me comfortable and to ease any concerns I had. When we got in the ambulance my husband had to lock our bicycles by a stand at the side of the road. Several days later he was trying to figure out how to return these to the rental place; before he could develop a plan of action, Philip Gerzon, Concierge, suggested he could arrange a van to pick them up. So that evening after my husband returned from the hospital (where I was spending the night) the hotel staff drove him outside the city center, about 10 kilometers, in the pouring rain, in the dark, and picked up the bikes and brought them back to the hotel. In the morning before my husband went back to the hospital, they drove him and the bikes to rental office and helped him return the bicycles.
Subsequently, when I was released and we walked into the hotel, the staff greeted me like an old friend, and gave me flowers, bringing tears to my eyes. When we left the hotel, they arranged for an extra spacious car to make my ingress and egress simple and safe.
We had several meals in the hotel restaurants and the service and friendliness was also exemplary. I don’t think we have ever encountered a friendlier or more service oriented group of hoteliers.
I cannot say enough and do not have sufficient words to express our gratitude to Sofitel.
We are Sofitel fans for life!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Remco-SLTG, General Manager at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2016

First of all I sincerely hope you have totally recovered from the unfortunate bicycle accident and I hope that your elbow is heeling fine.

I appreciate you took the time to review your recent stay with us, and I am delighted to read all your wonderful comments. To help your husband return the rental bikes to the rental shop and the flowers to welcome you back, is the least we could do !

I will definitely share your lovely review with the entire staff, especially with Philip and our Guest Relations department.

Hope to soon welcome you back in The Grand.

Warm regards,