4 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 25/09/21
Hotels.comUS$69
HIExpress.comUS$69
Trip.comUS$77
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 July 2021 via mobile

I want to thank sweet Camille, who was to greet and check me to this great hotel; Dennis, who made my bar experience very happy and super chef Marcello, who made amazing salad I had never eaten before. It was like the Ambrosia,- food for Gods! I cannot wait to try some other creation by chef, but I want that salad again ...after I slept in the mist comfortable bed and ate wonderful breakfast, even rainy day looks beautiful! Will come again! Edita,- Epicurian woman

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Edita d
Front Office Front Office, Guest Services / Front Office at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - North Riverside, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Edita D,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at the Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - North Riverside.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.

Camille, Dennis and Marcello were very thrilled while reading your review.

We hope you will visit us again.

Ahmed Tantawy

Reviewed 7 July 2021

It is a nice hotel with very friendly staff. The only thing that could be better is the housekeeping. In the early morning the housekeepers came into the room even when we put the 'do not disturb' sign on the door. We were hoping that we could have a good sleep. We did not expect to be woken up so early in the morning when our intention of booking a staycation is to relax and to wake up naturally. This is very unprofessional of them.

Date of stay: July 2021
Front Office Front Office, Guest Services / Front Office at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - North Riverside, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear JeffhX278OWS,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please accept my sincere apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards.

I will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at Tantawy@hiex-amsterdam.com.

Ahmed Tantawy

Reviewed 14 June 2021 via mobile

We had an excellent stay at this hotel.

Pro's:
> spacious
> clean
> amazingly comfortable bed
> good bfast consisting of a variety of breads, yoghurt, cereal, eggs (scrambled or boiled), bacon, cheeses, cold cuts
> friendly staff

Cons:
> while the staff are friendly, don't expect excellent service. Our tv control didn't work and we were informed they'd send someone to our room to check on it but no one came. We were informed that we'd be called when we could pick up our food from the resto but we didn't receive any call after over half an hour. We called them back only to find out that our food was indeed already ready.
> no room service. After a long day, we thought that we could order room service and have food brought to the room. What happened was that out can apparently order food from the room but you still have to go to the restaurant to pick it up. I normally wouldn't mind but my husband and I were both tired after traveling after a long day.
> on our first night (after that long day), just as we were finally resting, we were awakened at about 230am due to a fire alarm! The sound was extremely annoying and it wasn't stopping so we got out of the building as ordered. To our dismay, there were no fire trucks, no police, no authorities whatsoever! No staff was even present to do a head count, or explain the situation to the guests.
We were outside for about 30 minutes when we were finally informed that the building was safe to enter. No explanation at all about what happened. People were questioning how procedures were with no fire trucks at all, no staff being present, no head count being done and all they said was they checked the rooms to ensure it was safe and that they were communicating with the fire department on the phone. In the Netherlands, if it was also a real fire alarm, my husband says that you could view that online. He checked online and says that it wasn't listed at all so he really did not feel safe in the hotel. We gave a benefit of the doubt that it wasn't being updated real time but even the following day, nothing was recorded.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Front Office Front Office, Guest Services / Front Office at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - North Riverside, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2021

Dear FEMscapades,

I would like to start by apologizing to you for the inconveniences you faced during your stay. The fire alarms were a malfunction of the system, however our team should have handled this differently by informing you about what was going on in the night, and off course to follow-up with you the next morning. At Holiday Inn Express Hotels, room service is not included in the Brand Standards. When you would like to have lunch or dine in your rooms, we should have given you a call when the food is ready.

We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention. We take feedback seriously and will coach our team to make the necessary changes so we can provide a better experience in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at vaneekeren@hiex-amsterdam.com

Donna van Eekeren

Reviewed 9 June 2021

This is a very nice Holiday Inn Express especially if you need to be in Amsterdam. This HIEX is certainly the very best on offer in Amsterdam. On arrival one can’t help but be impressed by the huge open foyer area with multiple food service, relax zones and great bar. My check in was very well done, I was recognised as a IHG Spire Elite rewards club member by Daphne, who gave me a very warm welcome and upgraded me to a lovely corner room on a high floor away from lifts, which I requested in my IHG Rewards profile. Designed in the new HIEX livery it was typical but lovely. This well placed hotel just a quick pleasant ferry crossing to North Amsterdam from central station and then a few minutes walk. The upper floors offer stunning views of the city, sunsets across the IJ, Amsterdam harbour and city. Even more beautiful at night when all the lights come on.

At the front desk were other wonderful representatives of the hotel and they all make one feel welcome and at home. The rooms, in this new hotel are kept an ambient temperature by very good air conditioning, the rooms are very clean and well kept by an efficient house keeping, with the rooms made up brilliantly everyday. The curtains in the room are block out, so a sleep in is possible, the amenities are HIEX standard, the shower was excellent, hot and strong water supply.

The hotel has a large lovely lounge area with a bar where we were superbly served by Great team of staff, a special five star shoutout for Dennis, he is superb! There is a great restaurant which is where the excellent included buffet breakfast is also served. It is very good with an wonderful selection of all sorts foods and good variety of scrabbled or boiled eggs, cheeses, cold cut meats, yogurts, and fruits. Also breads, rolls, croissants and good variety of juices and teas and coffees. The service is quick and efficient. One gets a sense of the real passion and fun that is at the heart of this lovely hotel. I spent some time in the bar and restaurant as it really is a friendly place to relax and just lounge about. All done in a COVID safe manner and IHG clean protocols.

This is a really stunning hotel, reasonably priced and strong contender to the other HIEX’s in Amsterdam. I highly recommend this hotel for your next stay or Staycation when is Amsterdam.

Room tip: Upper floors have best city views
Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank AmbassadorBas
Reviewed 17 January 2021 via mobile

It was a good 3 days in this Hôtel, the personal is normal not really kind but not really bad ...but Robin the woman at the office, were really kind and she really help us, she makes Us smile, she help us !! THANKS TO HER !! :)

But the Men at the office were not really kind with us they threat us like hobo lol.

To resume thanks to her, God bless her, she diserve it really :)

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Front Office Front Office, Gastenservice/Front Office at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - North Riverside, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2021

Dear GoodGuyyyyy, Thank you very much for your kind review and especially about Robin. I will share your comment with her and we hope to welcome you back soon at The Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - North Riverside. Best regards, Daphne S.