3,762 results
All reviews rembrandt park tram stop free shuttle from the airport the hotel shop rooftop bar dam square shuttle service number tram corner room takes you straight top floor beautiful park lovely hotel city tax day pass central station minute walk from the hotel
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

The hotel is clean, beautifully furbished, and wonderfully quite. Situated about 10 mins by tram from the centre of Amsterdam, No 13, the tram stop is just 3 mins from the hotel, literally just round the corner. The hotel is idyllic next to a beautiful park. In fact we spent the last morning there. I suggest you go for the top floor rooms to get the best views. I had room 1415. The view was breath taking, with the park below you and Amsterdam just out at the boarder. At night the site of Amsterdam all lite up is incredibly beautiful.

There are only two restaurants I could see near the hotel; the hotel one and the one belonging to a catering school. I always choose to visit the city ones so I cannot say anything about them but the hotel restaurant and bar were always busy, so perhaps next time i'll pop by.

The staff at the hotel were nice, welcoming and informative, especially the reception team and the shuttle driver. They were never too busy to assist and the shuttle driver, could not have done more. He helped us with our luggage and helped us find our way at the airport.

PS the shuttle is free from the airport to the hotel, and Eur 5 (at my time of visit) from the hotel to the airport. I suggest you email them to book the shuttle and get their schedules.

I would have liked a mini bar in the room but that is a small thing.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

It was my husband's 40the, so I treated him to a weekend away in Amsterdam. The hotel was stunning, and the staff were lovely and so helpful. The room was average size, with a comfy bed and a clean, modern bathroom. Breakfast was extra, we chose to get something whilst out. There is a tram stop right outside that gets you to central station in 15 mins. Hotel was 24 hours, so we could come and go as we pleased. There is a free shuttle from the airport and you can book it back again for only 5 euros each. All in all a fantastic hotel, well worth the money.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

My sister and I stayed in this hotel for a long weekend. When we arrived the room was made early and we were able to leave our suitcases in the room, which was great for us. Although, when we arrived we were asked for €150 deposit and this was not stated on the website when booking or in our confirmation. The room was clean and nice on arrival, which we was pleased about. Friday night we went upstairs to the rooftop and was told there was private event, so we couldn't go up there. Saturday night we enquired about the rooftop again and was told there was private event being held, but we would be able to access it the following night. Sunday night, our last night, we went up there because we was told we could, and was met with a sign saying there was yet ANOTHER private event was being held. Considering we booked this hotel in mind of the rooftop feature and was not able to access it for the whole of our trip to see the skyline at night, was a massive downfall. No one even apologised for what we came across, even when we told them we wasn't happy about it.

Then on Sunday evening we asked about the shuttle to the airport, which was €5. The receptionist asked whether we wanted to pay by cash (for shuttle and city tax) and have the €150 room deposit back or take it off of the room deposit. We asked to have the €150 back and pay by cash, yet this didn't occur. On the Monday morning when were leaving, we check out and the receptionist says they have taken the €30 for the shuttle and our room tax! So we had to explain what we already previously said the night before and now we have to wait 48 hours for the money back, because they took the money off, when we said not too.

Also on Sunday we came back to a room with substandard room cleaning, as they'd left the table next to the window seat with crumbs on from the pizza we had the night before. For a place that's supposedly rated highly, I think this is another issue that needs to be addressed.

Every other aspect of our holiday was amazing and we will definitely be coming back to Amsterdam, just not this hotel. For a 4 star hotel, it wasn't what we expected and have had better service from our standard premier inns in the UK. The shuttle was a good aspect of the hotel and the driver was extremely nice, which made us happier on our departure from such a sour visit to this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Wanderer622521
Reviewed 27 June 2016

From the very welcome to the last goodbye, the staff were so friendly and helpful - always smiling and eager to chat and help if needed.

Our room had a stunning view of Amsterdam and we loved the fact that it was right next to the beautiful rembrandt park.

Everything about the hotel was such a treat and we'll definitely be staying there in the future.

Thank you for a wonderful weekend.

Room tip: Ask for a room facing the park - Beautiful views
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2016

Upon arrival, we were greeted by the very friendly hotel staff. She upgraded our room for us free of charge. It was my Bday weekend so I was very happy about this. The location of the hotel is perfect, close to beautiful Rembrandt Park and a lovely walk into the city (if you do not mind walking for 30mins). The Skybar on the top floor of the hotel was amazing, you can enjoy an ice cold heinekin while taking in the city views! Had an AWESOME stay! Thank you

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple