2,857 results
All reviewsanne frank houseannex buildinggarden suitethe main hoteljacuzzi tubcanal viewdinner reservationsjordaan districtwonderful hotelnespresso machineperfect locationthree nightshotel barcanal housedam squarewalked everywherewithin easy walking distance
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Just spent a week at the Toren and it was an amazing location! Smack in the middle of the “9 streets” and just around the corner from the Anne Frank house. A quiet block on the canal.

This is a cozy high-design boutique hotel - so the room was small but lovely - comfy bed and good size bathroom with nice Rituals amenities.

Breakfast in the morning is pretty good though pricey at €20 - unless you eat a lot!

The best part is the staff though - very friendly and helpful. Good attitudes from everyone I interacted with

I would absolutely stay here again!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2018

This is my second time staying at the Toren and they really do live up to their motto, Designed to Charm. Their communication is excellent before and after your stay. I received a personal email after my stay thanking me for my stay and asking for suggestions to make my stay better. The rooms are beautiful and very uniquely decorated. I stayed in the Royal Suite and it was stunning. The hotel has a small and charming feel so you don't feel like you are staying in a hotel. The location is perfect if you like a more quiet neighborhood feel but still close to many restaurants and other tourist attractions. I walked 5 minutes to the gym each day for workouts. The bar restaurant is just stunning and cozy for breakfast. The Toren is like a home away from home. Simply the best in so many ways. I will be back for sure.

Room Tip: The Royal Suite is stunning although it does have a very large downstairs bathroom that takes some coordination to walk down the stairs.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Bob B
Reviewed 25 March 2018

In a neighborhood which we found exceptionally lovely, the toren is quiet and comfortable.Our room was spacious, the service both to the room and at the bar were impeccable. Best of all the steam shower is as good as being in a hamam.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2018

This hotel is in a great location, beautiful streets to flavor the local flavor away from the more touristy busy streets but not far from all the museums. We had the garden suite which was spacious. I didn't care for the red carpet, or the jacuzzi with changing lights but having said that we enjoyed the treat after walking for hours in the streets and museums. The spacious bathroom is fitted with steam and eucalyptus - and it was a newly discovered treat. But by far, the staff is the greatest asset.. The black clad young men at the bar were friendly and made us delicious drinks that we enjoyed by the fire and sumptuous decor. The hotel also gave us a list of recommended restaurants in the area tested by the owner. That was a very thoughtful list and touch. I will consider another visit to the hotel to try Kevin's espresso martini next time.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Tucked away in a quaint neighborhood overlooking one of the many canals in Amsterdam this place is a hidden gem! As soon as you walk in you just feel like royalty. This place is polished head to toe with detail and unique furnishings. My wife was in Sweeden on a business trip and I met her in Copenhagen for our honeymoon adventure, where we jumped on the train to AMS. We use tripadvisor every chance we get, because it never steers us wrong! The Toren is yet another place along our path that was great enough to make me want to write a review?! My wife and I toured through Europe and talked about going back ever since. The Ann Frank house is only a couple of blocks away and you are never too far from the train or a water taxi! We stumbled upon the best apple pie we have ever had and we thought we had good apple pie back home, not a chance this joint a couple blocks away (Winkels?) is hands down the best!!! When we make the trip again we will definitely stay at the Toren!!!

Stayed: September 2017