US$249
US$198
NH Hotels
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$268/night.

Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$103
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$148/night.

NH Amsterdam Museum Quarter(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$143
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$71
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

Holiday Inn Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$129
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$200/night.

Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$131
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$158/night.

US$225
US$181
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$208/night.

Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$147
US$183
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$205/night.

US$774
  • Pool
3,650 results
All reviewsthe club loungecentral stationgreat locationguest servicesconcierge deskwithin walking distancedam squareminute walkriver cruisered light districtroom rateanne frank houseearly checkquiet streetmini barbreakfast was includedvan gogh museum
Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Our arrival at Amsterdam wasn't exactly smooth but when we arrived at Renaissance Amsterdam we were greeted with a great smile by Heelen and she changed our mood immediately making us feel at home. She explained us what we needed to know on the city as it was our first time in Amsterdam and ensure we settled in the rooms, she is a gem! The room was great for a family of 4 with two big beds and still very spacious.

The club lounge and breakfast were great good variety and quality and great service. A good health club allows you work out as well.

The location of the hotel is very good few minutes walking from the tram and the centre of the city.

During the whole stay we had no issues and whenever we needed anything the navigator team was there to help.

Upon check out Heleen was there to great us farewell which made it a good end to a great stay!

Renaissance is the best choice to stay with family in Amsterdam.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
RenaissanceTeam, Executive Assistant at Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2017

Dear xavigimeno,

We love your description "best place to stay in Amsterdam" and are very happy to read that you felt at home away from home. We are proud to have Heleen onboard and will share your compliments with much pleasure with her and all colleagues, which will definitely be an incentive to continue providing personal service.
We look forward to your next visit and remain,
with warm regards,

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

We are so pleased we chose this hotel for a birthday and silver wedding anniversary celebrations. When we arrived the staff were friendly and efficient. We had a club room on the 6th floor which was clean comfortable and well equipped the bed was so comfy everything everybody would need because after all you are there to sight see not spend all your time in your room. The guest services also surprised us with a bottle of champagne to celebrate the birthday and anniversary which was a really nice thought.

The hotel is near to many of the city's attractions and the navigators at the hotel are on hand to give advice or get tickets for any of the attractions. Being club members we ate breakfast in the club room and could have free tea coffee etc all day plus cakes and sandwiches in the afternoon plus you could have alcohol after 5 really good quality food on offer and again the staff were really helpful and friendly.

We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay and felt we had chosen the best hotel for us on our first visit to Amsterdam and we will most definately return. Thanks again to a wonderful team of people.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth O

Dear Elisabeth O,

Congratulations again for your birthday and silver wedding anniversary. I am happy to read that our team did everything to make your celebration time a success and we hope to may welcome you back for either any celebration or simply for a wonderful break.
With warm regards,

Reviewed 12 January 2017

This is a very nice hotel and the location is excellent. Close to the railway station, but not too close. Also very close to the shopping street. The room was very nice and clean. The breakfast is excellent

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Teppo W,

Thank you for your wonderful review and we are happy that you enjoyed our central location and services.

We look forward to serving you again and remain,
with best regards,

Reviewed 10 January 2017

Great location. Friendly, fast and smart concierge staff. Check-in had several people ahead of us, but we were only in line for a couple of minutes. The concierge had the three rooms checked-in and ready in another couple of minutes for us. We arrived before check-in time, and they had our rooms available, and didn't charge us extra. Made me super happy! They gave us maps and directions to explorer. The hotel is steps away from everything central. Google map indicates that the hotel is 6 minutes walk from Amsterdam Centraal Station, but seems a little longer, because we arrived on a cold day, but definitely walk-able. As a result of being in the center of everything, the streets are noisy, and all buildings are not taller than 4 or 5 floors, but the hotel did provide earplugs. I slept like a log, as I usually do.

The rooms were considerably big for being in the center of the city. The only thing is that we were in the 9-hundred series of rooms, which just means we were in the extension building, so it's quite a walk away from the lobby. If the bell-person didn't help with our luggage, I would have taken some time to get around.

They had clementines and muffins at check-in, loved that!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
RenaissanceTeam, Executive Assistant at Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Dear McLung,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback of your recent stay with us on this platform. We are happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel and it's services and will share your compliments with the respective departments.
We look forward to welcoming you again, next time you plan to come to Amsterdam.
With kind regards,

Reviewed 10 January 2017

The word luxury to me is synonymous with the term 5 star hotel, after all, this is the highest star rating a hotel can receive. While I do not equate luxury with perfection, a hotel must have a certain number of features to qualify it for 5 star or luxury status, which the Renaissance Amsterdam does not possess. To me, those features include but are not limited to, a room that is spacious and individually decorated; top off the line or designer linens such as Frette; furniture that is more than just utilitarian; an ambience of refinement, and perhaps even a wonderful view. Fresh flowers, original artwork and excellent lighting would also not be amiss. Perhaps if this hotel had been rated as a 3 or 4 star hotel, I could have given it a higher rating, but since my expectations were raised, their being dashed has resulted in my giving it just an average rating.

My plane arrived early in the morning and such is the proximity of the Schilpol Airport to the Centraal train station that I arrived at the hotel about 8 in the morning. On the positive side, the hotel is about a 7 minute walk from the train station, and the entrance is on a quiet side street. Before leaving for Amsterdam, I had done my due diligence by reading the always helpful reviews on TripAdvisor. I could have checked in at that time, but would have been given a room on the 2nd floor. As I had read that noise could be a problem on the lower floors, I waited until about 3 o'clock to obtain my room key. Everyone I dealt with at the front desk and the "Navigator" were friendly and helpful. During my entire stay, everyone working at the hotel was very courteous. For their sakes, I would have liked to have given the hotel a very good rating.

The room I was given was number 527, which faced an interior courtyard. From my window I could look across and see other guests walking along the tunnel of corridors that encircle each floor. I doubt that 527 was any different from any other room on that floor. In my trip journal, I describe the room as follows: "Tiny room. Blown in ceiling. Cell block. Cookie cutter décor crammed with furniture. No charm." I could sit on the edge of the bed and open the dresser drawers. I had one upholstered chair, that was not very comfortable. I used my down travel pillow for extra cushioning. A mirror was suspended over the desk so that while sitting in bed the soffit and blown in ceiling were reflected back. The room only had two pieces of art in them, and both were prints. One print was in the bathroom and the other in the entry into the room. There was nothing of interest to look at while actually in the main part of the room.

When I went into the bathroom I was ready to give the hotel high marks for having a hand held shower over the gleaming white tub. The high marks were immediately retracted when I nearly scalded myself. The hotel needs to either give instructions or have a staff member show guests how to set the water temperature as the set up is unusual to say the least, and is not even rational. For future guests, the knob on the left evidently controls everything. Pulling the knob forward turns the shower water off and on. Pushing the knob or lever the other way fills the bath tub. The right knob or lever only seems to make the water hotter. I doubted whether one could have a cool shower. It was always difficult to adjust the water to a comfortable temperature. The other problem in the shower was that unless the hand held fixture was situated fairly low on the rod, the nozzle would turn and squirt water towards the shower curtain.
On the positive side, there was very good counter space and the toiletries were very nice.

The positive aspects of the hotel are as follows: 1) The location is great, and close to the Singel and the other Western Canals. Do be advised that while this is not what I thought of as the Red Light District, there are a number of prostitutes who operate on a very charming street a few blocks away from the hotel. When I walked down the street it was the afternoon, so maybe too early for them to turn on their red lights?
2.) My room was quiet.
3.) The minibar had room for my personal items.
4.) There was a tea kettle with which to make tea and coffee. (Yeah!)
5.) The bed was comfortable.
6.) There was a thermostat in the room to control the temperature. The heating and air conditioning worked well.
7.) There was a computer and printer that guests can use near the bar area. However, they pipe in very loud thumping "music," which makes it distracting and uncomfortable to use for any length of time.

All in all, I was fairly comfortable at the hotel, but would look to stay elsewhere in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are supposed to be quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Berkeleytraveler
RenaissanceTeam, Executive Assistant at Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2017

Dear Berkeleytraveler,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for having taken the time to share your detailed experience on this platform.

I am indeed very sorry to learn that our property did not meet your expectation with regard to design, decoration and features and that room 527 was not to your liking. I will thoroughly follow up on the bathroom/shower issues you described in order to make sure these will be corrected. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered.

At the same time I wish to thank you for all the positive aspects you mentioned and which hopefully will make you reconsider and visit us again. We will mark your points of concern in your profile in order to make sure that we will be able to assign a more suitable room to you for a future visit.

Do not hesitate to contact us via Amsterdam.guestservices@renhotels.com prior to your next trip, so that we can be fully prepared to make your stay a wonderful one, meeting or even exceeding your expectations.

With best regards,