1,071 results
All reviews dam square great location superior room central location mini bar red light district train station third floor rooms are small damrak euros europe curtains dutch minibar
Reviewed 15 July 2015

We booked Hotel Amsterdam based on reviews - GREAT CHOICE! It was central to trams, railway station, sites - perfect. Walking Tours started across the street, plenty of food places in surrounding streets. Great to have wifi in the room!
Service excellent, from checking in to checking out. Fatima in the restaurant really looked after us at breakfast time, so much so that we missed her on her day off! (we got a deal for a cheaper breakfast - ask at reception!).
Rooms were a bit smallish, but hey you only use them for sleeping - right? They were comfortable, well serviced and clean. All the staff we encountered were polite, professional and really helpful. I fully recommend this hotel to travellers, certainly our vintage (mid 50s couple). Thankyou Hotel Amsterdam!

Room tip: Older style hotel, all rooms great. Higher rooms need elevator which is a little slow.
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2015 via mobile

Great hotel. Lovely staff and amazing location- central to everything. Rooms are new and modern as well as clean. Only negative thing about this hotel is that I forgot some clothing in the closet and immediately realised at the airport an hour later, I knew the process involved in getting them back wasn't worth the hassle so I never bother notifying the hotel but I found it disappointing the hotel never contacted me about it to let me know. Other than that the hotel was great and I intended on staying there during my visit next year

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2015

Location is great, staff were friendly and helpful. Room was clean. The wet room is not a great concept, would be better to have a door to the shower.
The wifi in our room was awful, you would expect a 4 star hotel to sort their wifi out.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank kodama-dan
Reviewed 14 July 2015 via mobile

The hotel initially put us in a twin room as they had overbooked the double so the first night was spent sleeping in a single bed in a very small dark room with no view at all. We were then moved to a double facing Damrak which had a balcony and was a much better room just a bit dated. Staff weren't particularly friendly from day one. Then there was an occasion where I was in the shower and my partner was in bed and security turned up at the door telling us we are smoking in the room. We invited them in too see that wasn't the case, but a day later a note was posted under the door advising we would be removed from the hotel if we continued smoking. From then on we spent as little time as possible in the hotel. Put a downer on what was a good holiday

Date of stay: August 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Laura M
Reviewed 11 July 2015

I've never had to pay a deposit for the whole stay up front with an added fee for "hotel services we might be using". Also the room book stated that you can't bring your own snacks or drinks to the hotel rooms. That is out of the ordinary. Makes one think if they've had some problems with quests in the past.

When we checked out they managed to mess up the removal of the deposit, so that they charged the sum normally but didn't remove the deposit at all. We had to call the bank to start investigating it.

Hotel was pretty good otherwise. Travelers will love the location if they like to stay on some of the busiest streets in Amsterdam.
The walls are paper thin, so If rooms on the same floor are booked, be prepared to hear loud talking and slamming of doors in the middle of the night. We didn't mind, since we had earplugs. Just something to take into consideration when booking.
For the price they are charging, travelers could find a non-nonsense hotel nearby that would be closer to 4 star standards.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends