“Location, location”

Ranked #568 of 4,003 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$25 - US$57
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Plantage & the East
Description: The Amstel Brasserie is the little brother of restaurant La Rive and makes an excellent alternative. The menu is seasonal with simple, brasserie-style dishes. It's the ideal venue for a relaxed lunch, dinner or for a drink. Alongside a varied three-course menu for the reasonable price of € 45,00, the Brasserie menu offers seasonal dishes and classic favourites such as Caesar salad, our tender Amstel burger or beef croquettes with brioche. The Amstel Brasserie has a relaxed atmosphere, the seating is level with the river Amstel. The interior design is inspired by the continuous procession of sailing boats, water taxis and rowing boats that you'll see pass by whether you're sitting out on the terrace or indeed inside in the brasserie, where the windows give an unrestricted view of the river.
Reviewed 14 June 2017

The view is impeccable, the service is very good, sometimes even disturbing, to much.
I had a couple of times lunch in the past few weeks and the food is not very impressive. The hamburger is so so. But the Club Sandwich is even poorer. This is a "broodje" (roll) with a thin slice of chicken and some lettuce. An international hotel like Amstel should be ashamed to serve something like this for € 20,- The value is not over € 5,-
Such a beautiful place, great kitchen, great staff. But the Club Sandwich is below any standard. I am sure the kitchen can do much better then this.

Anita B, General Manager at Amstel Brasserie at InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your honest review about your experience in the Amstel Brasserie. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the views and received good service. However, it is regrettable to note that we could not fulfil your expectations during your lunch. Therefore I would like to apologise. We strive for perfection, so we appreciate your feedback. I have discussed your review with the Executive Assistant Manager who will take further steps for improvements. I would like to ask you to contact us via amstel@ihg.com to further discuss your experience.

Anita Bos

There are newer reviews for Amstel Brasserie at InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

After having walked out of La Rive (see my review) we walked 5 steps to this delightful brasserie.

Looks more like a bar when you walk in but don't be put off.

The choice of food was varied, all well cooked and served with affection.

Table overlooking the water, we had a great evening and a delightful meal.

If I return to Amsterdam, I will return to the brasserie.

Anita B, General Manager at Amstel Brasserie at InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am more than happy to read that you savoured the food of the Amstel Brasserie. Also that you had a great evening with views over the Amstel River. I look forward to welcome you back at the Amstel Brasserie when visiting Amsterdam again.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

We were served breakfast in the Amstel Brasserie every morning. Wide selection of hot & cold food. Hot & cold beverages too. All dietary requirements catered for. Lovely view of the canal too.

Anita B, General Manager at Amstel Brasserie at InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Dear guest,

I very much appreciate it that you shared your breakfast experience with us through TripAdvisor. I am glad that you had a good start of both your days in Amsterdam with the breakfast in the Amstel Brasserie. Thank you very much for your compliments and I look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Good service and the food is excellent as well. The bartenders are phenomenal. Overall very good bistro,

Anita B, General Manager at Amstel Brasserie at InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you kindly for your review about your experience. It is great to read that you savoured the food and enjoyed the good service. That the bartenders were phenomenal fills me with joy. I look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

We dined in the Brasserie restaurant for both Breakfast and Dinner and the food was excellent as was the service. There is good selection of food to chose from and very exhaustive wine list. The service in the Brasserie was exceptional. I recommend that you have drinks and food outside looking over the Amstel River great views (weather permitting)

Anita B, General Manager at Amstel Brasserie at InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for this wonderful review. It is a great pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your breakfast as well as dinner in the Amstel Brasserie and the exceptional service you received from my team.

I look forward to welcome you back soon.