“Nice but hugely overpriced”

Le Fournil de Sebastien - French Bakery
Ranked #15 of 30 Bakeries in Amsterdam
Description: French artisan bakery, located in Amsterdam, Amstelveen and Hilversum (The Netherlands)
Reviewed 6 October 2017

This is one of the few bakeries in Amsterdam (it's actually a small chain, there is also one in Amstelveen that I know) that actually have good french-style pastry. Choice is limited. It is popular (for the lack of choice) but prices are way too high. 2.4EUR for a macaroon? Give me a break.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

It's one of the best baguette you can get in a bakery in Amsterdam, you can have the traditional one, the one with sesame seeds and the one with poppy seeds.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

No it is no joke. Here they bake really handmade French "Stokbrood"and many other Original French things. When you see the long rows in front of their door you must admit it is worth while , also you must be patient for quite a long time.

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

The best baguettes I've had in the Netherlands and at a reasonable price. Both the ham and chicken from the case were fresh and satisfying. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

It is a cute little store which gives you a Parisian feeling. There can be long rows until outside of the store (just as in Paris), but they have a lot of nice employees who work very quick so in no time it is your turn. The quality and taste of the bread is superb! And the price amazed me. I expected that it would be very expensive since other hyped and marketed bread about biological quality and more can be expensive. But it is a normal price for the quality they deliver. In my opinion you get value for your money.

I rarely eat bread because it gives me all kind of physical reactions. I love bread so once in a while I try a "pure" bread but always I get all kind physical reactions like a bloated and hard belly. This is the only bread I can have once in a while (and a small portion) without the physical reactions. I expect that that is due to the quality of their flower, the slow proces and that it is sourdough. And also because they do not add sugar, dextrose or other artificial ingredients (which still amazes me that that is included in 95% of the offered bread in stores and bakeries) in their regular bread.